can someone tell me the dc penalty's? like how many times do you need to dc to get to 48 hours.

literally title, every dc post is about someone getting a big timeout timer and most of the time they say its from disconnects or crashes. so can someone tell me if they know the cumulative dc timer and when it resets because i dont dc and want to know.

edit: this is based on a comment below, would be great if a mod of someone else could confirm.

1-2 dc's = 5m

3-4 dc's = 15m

5-6 dc's = 30m

7 dc's = 1 hour

8 dc's = 6 hours.

9 dc's = 24 hours

10 dc's =48 hours

11+ dc's penalty = 72 hours

time for penalties to reset is unknown.

Comments

  • I had asked that yesterday as I keep getting DC Penalties when the Killer DCs for some reason. What was agreed upon at least in my thread is you get two 5 minutes, two 15 minutes, and then it got kind of hazy.

    @tippy2k2 said:

    So this is Time #2 when I got the "HOST DISCONNECTED penalty and am now sitting at a 15 minutes...

    (Both times were not my fault as both times were these Host Disconnected errors but that's a different argument/discussion you can find all over the board. We're not here to discuss the "Fairness" of this)

    I'm now kind of deciding if it's worth the risk of trying a few more games at this point or giving it some time to wipe itself out. I don't know if BHVR has anything "official" out there but does anyone know the time jumps?

    As of now, I know it's 5 minutes to now 15 minutes. What would come next? How long until my exponential jumps stop (so in like...2 hours will my next DC be back down to 15 minutes or does it take days or what)?

    Anyone know or at least have an idea?

    Not a lot of people commented unfortunately but the first post person gave a decent breakdown

    "Its two 5 minute penalties, two 15 minute penalties, two 30 minute penalties, then 1 hour, then 6, then 24, then 48. I don't know if it goes above that, but it does degrade after time, it just takes a while so if your game is crashing maybe take a break for about half and hour and try again so it doesn't get higher"

    I can't say for sure that this is correct but so far, my DC penalties have followed this

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I had asked that yesterday as I keep getting DC Penalties when the Killer DCs for some reason. What was agreed upon at least in my thread is you get two 5 minutes, two 15 minutes, and then it got kind of hazy.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202539/anyone-know-the-dc-penalty-times

    Not a lot of people commented unfortunately but the first post person gave a decent breakdown

    "Its two 5 minute penalties, two 15 minute penalties, two 30 minute penalties, then 1 hour, then 6, then 24, then 48. I don't know if it goes above that, but it does degrade after time, it just takes a while so if your game is crashing maybe take a break for about half and hour and try again so it doesn't get higher"

    I can't say for sure that this is correct but so far, my DC penalties have followed this

    the max time of DC penalty is 72 hours. And it comes after 48 hours

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    I had asked that yesterday as I keep getting DC Penalties when the Killer DCs for some reason. What was agreed upon at least in my thread is you get two 5 minutes, two 15 minutes, and then it got kind of hazy.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202539/anyone-know-the-dc-penalty-times

    Not a lot of people commented unfortunately but the first post person gave a decent breakdown

    "Its two 5 minute penalties, two 15 minute penalties, two 30 minute penalties, then 1 hour, then 6, then 24, then 48. I don't know if it goes above that, but it does degrade after time, it just takes a while so if your game is crashing maybe take a break for about half and hour and try again so it doesn't get higher"

    I can't say for sure that this is correct but so far, my DC penalties have followed this

    i'll use it for a model but it would be great if a mod could confirm.