Anyone else feel like MMR got shadow patched in?

Lately matching with players that have 6h or less even. I'm at rank 2 and matching against grey ranks that ######### just shouldnt happen. I feel like they prob snuck in MMR just so they could see what would happen and if people would complain or not. Well it definetly starts to feel like its back and when all of my friends are saying they are noticing a similar pattern as well too then theres a problem. MMR does NOT belong in this game. It was a poor decision to add it in the first place. Can look at clips of the streamers that have over 5000 hours or one tricks even. Queue times get worse and worse the more you play with MMR, It's a casual game anyways so why the ######### would that even be implemented into a game that doesnt have any reward for hitting higher rank. Don't be stupid BHVR give up on this poorly implemented "game balance" choice.

Comments

  • It wasn't "shadow patched", I'm sure they'll announce it once it's turned back on just like last time.

    I also disagree with the sentiment above about MMR, I think in general it's better than the rank system, but I won't go into all that.

  • Not really, they've been saying for months and months that they sometimes put it live in certain locations for a certain amount of time to test it more.

  • Been trying to get my adept achievements and my matches haven't gotten any easier.

  • They don't need to patch the game to change matchmaking. It's on their end

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "Shadow patched" thats so cute ☺

    Considering they just did a giant nerf to Spirit with not a single word in the patch notes, it's entirely possible.

  • Also as pointed out above they've said they do random testing

  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720483#Comment_1720483

    Considering they just did a giant nerf to Spirit with not a single word in the patch notes, it's entirely possible.

    1) it's probably a bug. I know I know, bugs in dbd, it sounds crazy but sometimes it happens

    2) there's nothing giant about it, nerf or not. You still get less warning from where/when she's going to arrive than you do with nurse. If this stays it won't even knock her down half a tier

  • For some reason yes, I feel like the mmr got enabled again, I can't seem to find a balanced matchmaking, yesterday I was playing against green/yellow ranks all day, since I felt like they were new I just decided to farm with them so they can get points etc.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720526#Comment_1720526

    1) it's probably a bug. I know I know, bugs in dbd, it sounds crazy but sometimes it happens

    2) there's nothing giant about it, nerf or not. You still get less warning from where/when she's going to arrive than you do with nurse. If this stays it won't even knock her down half a tier

    1. It absolutely isn't a bug, they literally changed the text on her power to recognize her power.
    2. It is massive. The entire reason Spirit is strong is that you can't tell what she's doing, so you can't reliably make good choices against her. With this, you can not only tell that she's user her power, you can tell her exact direction. This singlehandedly knocks her down from just below Nurse to probably a bit below Hag.
  • @Bard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720538#Comment_1720538

    1. It absolutely isn't a bug, they literally changed the text on her power to recognize her power.
    2. It is massive. The entire reason Spirit is strong is that you can't tell what she's doing, so you can't reliably make good choices against her. With this, you can not only tell that she's user her power, you can tell her exact direction. This singlehandedly knocks her down from just below Nurse to probably a bit below Hag.

    A few people posted about the text but it refers to her vacuum noise, there's screenshots of back from her ptb where the power text is the same as it is now. Also I've played against quite a few spirits since the latest patch and it gives tells you where she's coming from but you really don't have much time to react, by the time you hear her she's basically there