This game is too stale too quick

About me as a player I've put in around 200 hours and I am bored. I play both survivor (rank 1) and killer (rank 3). I main survivor but an struggling to get into playing killer for many reasons I will mention (and exploit in matches)Personally I think that around rank 8 is where the game feels fun for both sides.

Bloodweb - This is such a ######### system for killers. It works well for survivors because there is little variation for viable perks at high level play. For killers, every rank up they should be presented with 4 perk options with the option of picking two of those perks. At rank 50 they can re-roll the options using iridescent shards (yay they would be useful). The rest of the bloodweb then works the same without perks in the map.

Perks - So much potential wasted in this area of game for variety and fun. While survivors do have it really good in this area (sometimes too good with perks that reward bad/stupid play), killers are pushed to use certain perks that prevent immersed gen rushers. Corrupt intervention, undying and ruin are almost staple and somewhat necessary at high ranks. This limits playstyles and highlights poor design of maps, objectives and other killer perks. To counter this, redesign corrupt intervention and have the furthest 3 gens blocked by default and allow killers to actually build some variety and fun.

Buying new killers - you get punished at higher ranks for investing in the game right now. You a) dont have optimal perks, b) almost always against swf in red ranks, c) bloodweb is a ######### system. I get it, you cant expect to be good with a new killer straight away but why should I be matched with a red ranked swf?

Survivors - Its too easy tbh, I am not the best looper but there are certain mechanics and perks that are just too forgiving for hiding and breaking away. There is also not a lot to do. I would love to see the default gen repair speed slowed which can be increased by spare parts (relative to their quality) found around the maps giving survivors decisions as to whether they drop their items for parts and whatnot. Its nice how little grinding there is involved for this side of the game. Would be cool if there were limits on some perks or they added categories for survivors that suited different roles such as loopers/repairers/searchers which had their own sets of exclusive perks. Currently its one built fits all.

Killers - too time poor. Good play doesnt feel rewarding and many killers are forced to give up their advantage/upper hand. Just small changes would make killer so much more fun and would prevent game breaking buffs. Things like increasing default FOV making making killer cues exclusive to killers. I am not sure why survivors are supposed to hear when Huntress has fully charged her hatchet, sometimes I can hear this outside her lullaby range. Others just make too much noise and it masks survivor movement/actions (looking at you PH when walking) Idk, just takes a lot from the killer experience.

Also why does the notifications have to block vision so obnoxiously - it has the opposite effect to what is wanted.

Comments

  • I agree with a lot of your sentiments here, and you bring up issues that have been gone over time and time again, and don't ever change. I mean, you should have seen the lead up to Ruin being changed, which was done unannounced - just appeared in a patch. So many people I knew that played killer quit the game, tried to return, but ultimately found it boring.

    A lot of what you will find over time is that the developers constantly do things to keep survivors just slightly, VERY SLIGHTLY, stronger than killers. Whether it's making killer audio louder, or making survivor audio fall off faster (which they seem to have done recently). Sometimes they do it more directly, like when they removed old ruin from the game, without giving any kind of compensatory solution.

    As far as I can suss out, and my theory is that survivors bring in more revenue. The most popular streamers are survivor mains that take advantage of their strengths, and people watch because the game is advertised as if killers are to be feared, and are strong. So, it makes survivor gameplay look more special than it actually is. People want to try it out, and they want to troll the killer with their friends. So, they come, and they buy cosmetics, and other outfits, and generally make the company a lot of money.

    I mean, if dead by daylight was true to the horror genre, you would be able to take the balancing from the game and see it at least mimic horror movies. Dead by daylight is the complete opposite of horror movies.