Hangman's trick

Ok, so,. let's be honest. The sabotage notification is useless.


I mean..

"Someone's going to break one of your hooks in 2 seconds"

2 seconds later:

"Your hook broke!"


Can you just either make the aura reading while carrying wider, or maybe bring back the auto-repair part of the perk? Maybe not 10 seconds as it used to be at level 3, but something along the lines of 30-60 seconds? I mean, seriously..

Or heck..


"If a survivor sabotages a hook within 5 meters of you, they get wounded/downed" or whatever

Comments

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    Ok, so,. let's be honest. The sabotage notification is useless.

    I mean..

    "Someone's going to break one of your hooks in 2 seconds"

    2 seconds later:

    "Your hook broke!"

    Can you just either make the aura reading while carrying wider, or maybe bring back the auto-repair part of the perk? Maybe not 10 seconds as it used to be at level 3, but something along the lines of 30-60 seconds? I mean, seriously..

    Or heck..

    "If a survivor sabotages a hook within 5 meters of you, they get wounded/downed" or whatever

    The hook already repair themself after 30 sec XD. When they change the perk on the pbe the perk look great and strong and maybe this could have change the killer meta at that time it was a better tracking than bbq but they reduce the range too much so no one use it

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202421/hangmans-trick

    The hook already repair themself after 30 sec XD. When they change the perk on the pbe the perk look great and strong and maybe this could have change the killer meta at that time it was a better tracking than bbq but they reduce the range too much so no one use it

    It used to repair sacrificial hooks too, not just sabotaged ones.

    And the notification still is useless.

  • @Marcavecunc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719208#Comment_1719208

    It used to repair sacrificial hooks too, not just sabotaged ones.

    And the notification still is useless.

    If Hangman's trick has a debuff of sabotaging action like (reduce 50% of sabotage speed) it can be useful cause the survs should start to break hooks earlier and you can make a decision to go to another hook and still able to hang a surv in time

    What about the PTB version of hangman's trick when you able to see EVERY survivor because hook radious was really big... It was too strong imo. But I don't mind to increase radious slightly than we already have.

  • @Woodywool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1719389#Comment_1719389

    If Hangman's trick has a debuff of sabotaging action like (reduce 50% of sabotage speed) it can be useful cause the survs should start to break hooks earlier and you can make a decision to go to another hook and still able to hang a surv in time

    What about the PTB version of hangman's trick when you able to see EVERY survivor because hook radious was really big... It was too strong imo. But I don't mind to increase radious slightly than we already have.

    Oh yeah no, I definitely wouldn't want it to be broken like it was in the PTB.. I feel an extra 2 meters would be good, 6 is quite a short distance.. but I imagine too large a radius would bring back the mapwide aura reading the PTB had..

    But I agree, a speed penalty to survivors trying to sabotage hooks would be good. Because the way it is now.. "Oh, a notification that someone's sabotaging a hook.. but I can see them doing it because i'm carrying someone.. *a second later* oh there's the notification of the hook crashing to the ground"


    Anyway, I just had that general train of thought playing with other people last night and talking about how it was nice that We're Gonna Farm Forever actually does something else now (the faster healing speed on downed survivors) and we talked about a few other perks that had pointless effects and Hangman's Trick notification came to mind, cause yeah it's useless seeing just how fast sabotaging is now, a notification followed by another notification is pointless.. It used to be sorta useful cause sabotaging took a while so you had a little bit of time to go interrupt it but.. now? heh.