The 10 seconds of no scratch marks for Poised should only be used if you are running
I remember another person on the forums suggesting this months ago so I didn't come up with it myself, but I do think it's a good buff that should be reposted.
Currently, Poised allows you to leave no scratch marks for 10 seconds after completing a generator. This is a nice effect, but most of the time the killer is nowhere near you, which makes the perk useless. Plus if you are downed or on a hook when a gen activates the perk's timer goes down even though you can't use it, wasting the perk.
I think that a good buff to this perk would be that the timer only goes down if you are running. This would encourage survivors to be smart about how they could use the 10 seconds of no scratch marks. They could save the perk for when they get into a chase to confuse the killer or run to a hooked survivor without being spotted. It would also make the perk a soft counter to tunneling, as if Poised is active when you're unhooked you have a personal Babysitter that you can base your escape route on.
Of course, if a gen is completed while Poised is active it would only refresh the perk like it does now, so you don't have a situation where someone has 50 seconds of no scratch marks. You would only have a maximum of 10 seconds of usage at a time.
I don't see any reason not to include this buff. It encourages smart decision making and rewards survivors for being sneaky. I wouldn't expect this perk to be overbearing as a killer due to access to other tracking methods like grunts of pain and auras. It would be a great buff to an underutilized perk.
Comments