Question: Should DBD have a ranked mode?
I personally think having both a ranked and a casual game play mode would allow for people to play and experience new killers and just have fun with the killers without seeing some of what people identify as "tryhard" or "sweaty."
What do y'all think?
Comments
I want a system like that too but are we enough players ?
Would never work.
1) It would split an already dwindling playerbase
2) People that want to bully will just go into "casual" and will bully the beginners.
They just need to fix ranking and matchmaking. I cant see anything else working if I'm honest...
I don’t see why not, but most people will say they already have a “ranked mode” to which I don’t agree.
I like to play casually, I really don’t want sweaty Survivors or Killers to face. Separating the two types of players would do the community some justice. I’d steer completely clear from ranked though, I know that mode would be a cesspool of toxicity lol.
It should, but since all DLC is paid for I doubt it would be fun for people that down own meta perks.
Am I missing something?
I thought the main ranked mode was ranked? Isn’t it just missing a casual mode to play with randoms? There is an unranked mode but you need at least one friend to play with.
I think they could add some "Matchmaking Lite" to the KYF mode to provide for a more casual option.
When selecting KYF, have the option to either host or find a lobby.
Hosting a lobby will put you in a private session as the host, which you can then choose to open so that "find" players can be placed within.
Choosing to find a lobby will just dump you in an empty slot within an opened KYF lobby.
If they ever introduced more settings/options that could be adjusted for KYF, this could be the exact thing to fill this more casual niche that some players want. Plus it would probably be a great opportunity to make new friends with other players and enjoy the core DbD experience at its best.
No. The game isn't close to balanced. Killer designs, for example.
That's a pretty general statement lol