How does map rotation work?

I'm back from an extended absence from DBD be back for maybe a month and a half now.


I've noticed that unless an offering is put in there are some maps that come up quite a lot. while others barely show up at all the coldwind farm and McMillian estates show up the most; and do we really need 5 versions of Badham pre school? where any other map has maybe 1 to 2 versions tops. not a fan of the pre school map but that's beside the point.

Comments

  • The last patch included a graphical update for the McMillans so their appearances were purposely upped for a short time, so seeing more of them makes sense. Dunno about the others you mentioned.

  • oh yeah I'm cool with the new visuals and they look great.

  • Firstly, a realm is chosen at random (like MacMillan or the Farm maps), and then a map is chosen from that realm. So even though there are 5 badham maps, the probability of going to badham is the same as the Saloon for example.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    Firstly, a realm is chosen at random (like MacMillan or the Farm maps), and then a map is chosen from that realm. So even though there are 5 badham maps, the probability of going to badham is the same as the Saloon for example.

    has someone tested if the killer has any influence on it? It feels some maps come up for certain killers more often than others.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1706065#Comment_1706065

    has someone tested if the killer has any influence on it? It feels some maps come up for certain killers more often than others.

    I don't know exactly, but I don't think so. It wouldn't make any sense, at least

  • Sometimes it seems like the game chooses the map that best counters my killer. Ex: I choose Huntress or Billy, entity says let's go to Lerys lol ๐Ÿ˜†

  • @TheShocktor said:

    Sometimes it seems like the game chooses the map that best counters my killer. Ex: I choose Huntress or Billy, entity says let's go to Lerys lol ๐Ÿ˜†

    That's what I mean.

    Good thing it would require me to know what I'm doing for the Entity's plan to work out.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    Firstly, a realm is chosen at random (like MacMillan or the Farm maps), and then a map is chosen from that realm. So even though there are 5 badham maps, the probability of going to badham is the same as the Saloon for example.

    I'm not sure about that. a while ago I had some games that were on badham pre school 3 times in a row just with different numbers next to the name. If the realm is picked at random the randomization was bad.

  • @MrLimonka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1706068#Comment_1706068

    I don't know exactly, but I don't think so. It wouldn't make any sense, at least

    The devs never released an official statement regarding this topic. I asked the same question some time ago.