I turned off crossplay and my ping issues are fixed

So lately every game seems to either...

  • crash while loading, not me but someone else crashes resulting in game abort,
  • someone bugs out and DC's early because their game is gimped, I don't blame them when they are running into walls and can't hit skill checks the whole game due to lag,
  • I lag spike continually at regular intervals making chases, powers and just general gameplay really hindered.


This has been the case since they brought in crossplay, I just feel gameplay has really declined. So I turned off crossplay.

What have we got?... My ping issues are mostly gone, games load 90% of the time without problem and I get caught by and see fewer bugs.

I get the occasional spike but rarely enough to hinder gameplay and my queue times haven't increased by much at all. I'm still getting insta games as killer in the evening.

This is not a console vs pc rant its a functionality of crossplay post and frankly its so bad that the best thing I've done is switch it off.

Comments

  • Crossplay felt extra laggy when I had it on, turned it off and just have regular console performance issues.

  • @bm33 said:

    Crossplay felt extra laggy when I had it on, turned it off and just have regular console performance issues.

    I can't speak for the console experience as I play on PC but things have definitely improved. Also match making is less rainbow and more in line with my rank/experience too. Its just been an overall better experience.

    Until they iron out the preformance bugs I won't be switching it back on.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703265#Comment_1703265

    I can't speak for the console experience as I play on PC but things have definitely improved. Also match making is less rainbow and more in line with my rank/experience too. Its just been an overall better experience.

    Until they iron out the preformance bugs I won't be switching it back on.

    When I had crossplay on I had only rainbow ranks. Turned it off and my lobbies matched my rank - rarely do I get rainbow. I think mostly red/purples turned crossplay so that's why matchmaking is better.

    Until they fix the console issues there's no incentive for me to turn it on. Plenty of PS4 players have it off so my wait times for killer or survivor is only a minute or two.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703265#Comment_1703265

    I can't speak for the console experience as I play on PC but things have definitely improved. Also match making is less rainbow and more in line with my rank/experience too. Its just been an overall better experience.

    Until they iron out the preformance bugs I won't be switching it back on.

    Performance has declined with the last three patches, and I've had Crossplay off on my Xbox since day one for killer. Survivior is mostly playable aside from the indoor maps. Looks like our PS cousins got it the worst this time around.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703295#Comment_1703295

    Performance has declined with the last three patches, and I've had Crossplay off on my Xbox since day one for killer. Survivior is mostly playable aside from the indoor maps. Looks like our PS cousins got it the worst this time around.

    Looks that way. At least there is a sizable console population (or so my console buddies tell me that wait times haven't been impacted much by turning it off), I've found after a week that the PC pop can go up and down quite a bit, some days are insta queues, some days are a bit of a wait.