33k endgame score during Blight event

An interesting note on this event, I just scored 33k points on the endgame screen by getting the blighted hook bonus and a perfect 32k game. Apparently the 1000k point bonus is applied to the endgame score, not just your out-of-trial amount that goes into your account, and it isn't part of any of the 8k point limits.

It's funny, I kind of think they should do something similar with the add-ons that give you a handicap in exchange for a score bonus (e.g. Speed Limiter which doubles your chainsaw hit event scores but makes your chainsaw not instant down healthy survivors.) A problem with those add-ons is they're limited by that 8k limit in the corresponding category so ironically if you use them and play well you won't get much of a bonus from it. But if they made it so the bonuses allowed you to exceed the normal 32k limit on the endgame score screen (like this event bonus does) it might make them a little more attractive.

Comments

  • Yup, that's how all the events have been. I think the highest I've seen was 37k so far, maybe 40k. I can't quite recall.

    And I also agree, I think the point addons should allow you you to bypass the max.