Macmillan Est update

Played on Sheltered woods for the first time since the update. Looks worse, much worse than that classic blue tinted map. Looked ok, but it's lighter than it should be, used to be dark, a good map for stealth, for and against, now it's as if there are stadium floodlights overhead. Felt like a new map, which is a bonus, but that's about all.

Does anyone have any opinions on the MM est cosmetics?

Comments

  • I hated the blue tint. Made all my clothes one color. Gross.

  • I kove the update! I was afraid they were going to make MacMuffin really dark like Yamaoka and Badham, but everything seems perfectly cromulant. Everything looks really nice. Even Shelter Woods seems to have more stuff and less dead space.

  • I actually really like the new appearance of MacMillan's various structures, tiles, and Exit Gates. Everything has kind of a vintage industrial look about it now which I think is excellent.

    I agree that I miss the atmospheric tint (the blue-ish haze). I know they want to make things gloomier, but the realm tints were a nice little extra bit of character for the maps. Would be nice to see the tint returned in a future adjustment (probably wishful thinking, I know), but if not we could at least hope that other realms' unique tints will be left intact rather than all resorting to various shades of brown. If they feel the tints are too extreme in some cases, they could always be toned down but still palpable.

    I don't like the grass either. I think the new grass looks rather ugly and also surprisingly sparse. I have no idea how Trapper is going to hide his traps anywhere in his own home realm anymore when the grass is so incredibly thin. Though I guess it doesn't interfere with scratch mark tracking as much anymore, so it's not a complete negative.

    Also, I hesitate to call Shelter Woods a good map for anything. My opinion is that it was (and probably still is) one of the worst maps in the game.

    Overall, it struck me as a okay-ish change so far. I like the new aesthetics (minus grass and tint), but don't generally like the new breakable walls, window changes, or reduced game performance on these maps.

  • 😄McMuffin😂