Harvesting Option Not Prompting

With the Eternal Blight event, the ability to harvest the plants is no longer functioning for me.

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match

Step 3 : In-game, find a plant and go to harvest it

Step 4 : No prompt is given any longer for harvesting.

I'm playing as Kate on PS4, my friend is playing as Zarina on PS4 and the same issue is happening for both of us. I do not have a photo at this moment but working on getting one, the plants don't seem to occur that often... Lastly, we have a 3 man SWF, 2 of us are experiencing issues and the third, another Kate on PS4 is not, they are able to harvest with no problem. So far every map, in the last 3-4 hours that have a plant have the issue. However, at launch around 8 AM PST it was not an issue. It became one later in the day (around 2PM PST).

Thanks!

PS If I did this report wrong sorry, first one. :)

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Dead by Daylight_20201021173244.jpg Dead by Daylight_20201021173302.jpg

    These were just taken, and it's now impacted the third in our SWF so it seems to be fine and then start acting up after you've done a couple plants?

  • Dead by Daylight_20201021173716.jpg

    This one was sent to me from my friend, no prompt.

  • Same for me, no prompt but other survivors came up and harvested without issue.

  • So, I just re-read the tome challenge. Is it safe to assume you can only do the harvesting if that challenge is selected? If yes, that's a bit disappointing but it makes sense and I know I'm not crazy cause I did all 3 challenges involving the harvesting already.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Only the one who is doing the challenge is able to harvest the canker, I surmisse is to impede other players to steal the harvest!

    I didn’t put 2 and 2 together about that possibility till a little bit ago. My bad for the thread.


    Mods. This can be closed. Feels bad man haha.

  • This solved my problem I was assuming this was like last hallowed blight event. Also do you actually get to unlock cosmetics as the previous ones or is a buy our stuff and get screwed deal.

  • You can only harvest plants with a tome challenge, plants are specifically for tome challenges not for the event.

  • You can only use the event 3x when a Challenge is selected.

    Yes, its as lame as it sounds