I've DC'd 3 times today.

Not for want, but bum connection.

This morning it cut off as I was about to escape, so I turned Switch off and waited to try again for an hour or so. Played a few games then I saw the red icon telling me it was about to go again! I tried to get the Killer to hook me but alas..they slugged me. So, I got caught in DC again.

I waited a couple hours again to make sure it was running okay and set to do a Daddy Meyer's challenge and noooooooooo----- red icon...nothing I could do...so DC.

So that's 3 times in one day! What will that do to me when I try to get on tomorrow? Will I be banned for days? I'm scared to look...

Comments

  • You shouldn't be playing online games with a bum connection.

    With your intention or not you are still ruining the experience for 4 other players. You should probably find something else to do untill you can fix it. I know it sucks I had to leave this game too for several weeks cause internet troubles but it's really the best.

    Not only are you messing up the game for the other players but you can't really be enjoying it if you're stressed it could go out at any moment right?

  • I wasn't making an excuses. It certainly is my fault for keep trying. I just wondered what the penalty will be for 3 disconnects in one day. Like I said, I'm afraid to login to see. Will it be a day or 3 days..I'm scared to look...does anyone know???

  • Punishment for playing a game is the absolute best way to retain new, existing and prospective players for sure.

  • Ah, yes. A casual game that punishes people for having a faulty connection to the server whether or not their personal connection is the one at fault.

  • I can just guess, but it is probably around 30 minutes? Or 1 hour? First time are 5 minutes, second time 15 minutes.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I can just guess, but it is probably around 30 minutes? Or 1 hour? First time are 5 minutes, second time 15 minutes.

    I think that you are right. I went ahead and logged in and saw no penalty! Thank God! I'm not taking chances like that again. I was worried that multiple DC would be treated harsher that say, 1 a day for 3 days straight.

    I'm not playing anymore until the event starts tomorrow. Hopefully whatever is wrong with my internet will be fixed.

  • @Buttercake said:

    Not for want, but bum connection.

    This morning it cut off as I was about to escape, so I turned Switch off and waited to try again for an hour or so. Played a few games then I saw the red icon telling me it was about to go again! I tried to get the Killer to hook me but alas..they slugged me. So, I got caught in DC again.

    I waited a couple hours again to make sure it was running okay and set to do a Daddy Meyer's challenge and noooooooooo----- red icon...nothing I could do...so DC.

    So that's 3 times in one day! What will that do to me when I try to get on tomorrow? Will I be banned for days? I'm scared to look...

    Aw, poor Switch... jus wants some DBD lovin😔

    DC Penalty times are Sth like this:

    as per consecutive offenses

    1. 5 minutes
    2. 5 minutes
    3. 15 minutes
    4. 15 minutes
    5. 30 minutes
    6. 30 minutes
    7. 60 minute
    8. etc etc.

    I believe it jumps upwards an hour each time after. It then takes 24hrs free from Disconnects to completely roll back to 0.

    So if you had accrued 15min, 24hrs from the time of the 3rd DC, if you get disconnected again you’ll be back to a 5min penalty as opposed to another 15min penalty and so on and so forth.

    🎉No lifetime bans for Buttercake🤗

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/199259/ive-dcd-3-times-today

    Aw, poor Switch... jus wants some DBD lovin😔

    DC Penalty times are Sth like this:

    as per consecutive offenses

    1. 5 minutes
    2. 5 minutes
    3. 15 minutes
    4. 15 minutes
    5. 30 minutes
    6. 30 minutes
    7. 60 minute
    8. etc etc.

    I believe it jumps upwards an hour each time after. It then takes 24hrs free from Disconnects to completely roll back to 0.

    So if you had accrued 15min, 24hrs from the time of the 3rd DC, if you get disconnected again you’ll be back to a 5min penalty as opposed to another 15min penalty and so on and so forth.

    🎉No lifetime bans for Buttercake🤗

    Hurray! @Xyvielia is the keeper of all scrolls of knowledge!

    I bow to you...🌼🌹

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692776#Comment_1692776

    Hurray! @Xyvielia is the keeper of all scrolls of knowledge!

    I bow to you...🌼🌹

    um, thx, tho the real honour belongs to the forums where I first received this tidbit of scrollworthy DC consciousness.

    So furthermore, I hereby forward thy generous gesture in genuflecting gracefulness unto thine archival monarchs of wisdomatic greatness!

    ...I’m keepin’ those flowers tho 😍🌼🌹☺️