"New" MacMillan Maps

Sigh.


I was really looking forward to the Macmillan rework, but to say I am disappointed is putting it mildly. I loved that there was actual color on the old map, and as it had one of the darker blue-toned skies it actually felt like, you know, nighttime, especially with that gorgeous oversized full moon.


But now? It's grey. It's grey and grey-brown and reddish grey and green-grey.


Desaturating a color palette is not a rework. While the lines of the machinery are spiff, the greying out of everything is so visually boring I literally found myself nodding off, eyes glazed over, because there was almost nothing interesting to look at. To know that there are 5 iterations of this map, and and they are going to crop up more often over the next however many days, is enough to make me want to cry -- and start bringing map offerings for anything else. Anything. Even much-hated indoor maps.


There was a reason I couldn't abide Resident Evil 4. It was because everything was brown. Ground: brown. Sky: brown. Walls: brown. Outfit: brown. Ev. Er. Y. Thing. I see I'm in for just as much excitement, now, on what was one of my favorite map-series.

Comments

  • You should start brining flashy cosmetics on survivors, or buy ones if you don't have. Then the problem will be fixed, also a flashy weapon cosmetic for killer

  • The maps aint gonna get more colorful so prepare for that and use flashy, colorful cosmetics

  • I really like the rework but I agree, the blue tint added a lot of atmosphere and gave the maps their identity. The new grey tint is a bit too neutral and a bit dull.