The lore of DBD feels like wasted potential
BHVR is clearly invested in building up the lore of DBD, and tbh I think that's great! Reading up on the background of Killers and survivors can be a real treat, especially when this lore is accompanied with the very lovely animated art stills.
That being said, it all feels like such a waste since the lore doesn't tie into the game at all. It's incredibly hard to feel like the badass Killer the lore says you are when more experienced survivors are able to make you look like a chump.
This is why I feel that DBD is deserving of a single player campaign. I've always said that the Twisted Metal campaign style would work wonders for DBD. It already has the animated art stills to help tell each story, and Vigo could act like a Calypso-type character that pulls everyone into the Entity's world, with the Entity rewarding whoever is the last person standing.
More killers and survivors is always nice, but I feel that so much more could be done with the lore. It's hard to get attached to these stories when at the end of the day all you're doing is working on generators or chasing survivors for no end game profit other than to say you did because that's what you're supposed to be doing.
Comments
Yup, i myself would love me some singleplayer in this game.
I'd definitely volunteer to test that mode if i could.
It just feels like it's the next logical step. Why put all this work into creating all this lore and art if it's not going to be used to tell a story?
The lore isn't even all that good though.
And I feel that's because they're trying to create lore for a multiplayer only game. Without any story to help tie the lore together, it just falls apart.