Why are some people so rude for no reason?

So, I just got back from a match as Blight on a corn map against 2 Objects (I suspect 2-4 man SWF, but maybe they were just altruistic; idk). They were those type too; The kind that are so good at the game that they now just want to act like insufferable ######### because ######### you for playing against me, I guess.

Why do people do this? I know it's not a survivor thing; I've faced enough Iri Heads to know that. But... literally why? What do you get for just being obnoxious? Why do people honestly just go out of their way to make someone else's day worse?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Little man syndrome mostly. They have a few seconds of power to rub it in your face, but it is just a few seconds, and it relies solely on getting a response. Not responding takes that power away and returns it to you, whilst they wonder why they weren't important enough to get a response.

    The rudeness only hurts you, and no matter what you say back, it will just make it worse. Best to not respond and look towards your next match.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    Little man syndrome mostly. They have a few seconds of power to rub it in your face, but it is just a few seconds, and it relies solely on getting a response. Not responding takes that power away and returns it to you, whilst they wonder why they weren't important enough to get a response.

    The rudeness only hurts you, and no matter what you say back, it will just make it worse. Best to not respond and look towards your next match.

    Console player. I physically can't respond

  • Probably a good thing. There's nothing you can really do in response, but you can create a mindset over time to harden against those actions. Those people may have had crap experiences themselves. Maybe their life is tough at present. Maybe they just don't understand what they're doing in upsetting others. Whatever it is, it's their issue to deal with. Just don't become engrossed in wondering why. It'll only hurt more.

  • Because they enjoy it and there are no consequences.

  • I'm sorry that happened! I would have argued for you, but I am a console player lol! Good luck in future matches and I hope that they are more fun than this one :)!

  • @GrimReaperJr1232 said:

    So, I just got back from a match as Blight on a corn map against 2 Objects (I suspect 2-4 man SWF, but maybe they were just altruistic; idk). They were those type too; The kind that are so good at the game that they now just want to act like insufferable ######### because ######### you for playing against me, I guess.

    Why do people do this? I know it's not a survivor thing; I've faced enough Iri Heads to know that. But... literally why? What do you get for just being obnoxious? Why do people honestly just go out of their way to make someone else's day worse?

    People are miserable and have nothing better to do. I laugh at these kinds, because they've got the system rigged so heavily in their favor, yet somehow think they're a god for winning, when in reality it's a guaranteed win.

    The solo player that runs me ragged with lithe and dance with me, I respect that guy, but meta swfs are playing on easy mode.

  • Sorry to hear that. There will always be some players that will like to play in a "not so friendly" way.

    You can find them in real life too, but it can occur more frequently while gaming.

    For some of them it is also a way to offload their stress. It's not the healthiest way if you ask me, but you can't really control other people actions. I suggest not putting too much attention to what they do... No point in letting them ruin your daily mood imho. ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • @Gcarrara said:

    Sorry to hear that. There will always be some players that will like to play in a "not so friendly" way.

    You can find them in real life too, but it can occur more frequently while gaming.

    For some of them it is also a way to offload their stress. It's not the healthiest way if you ask me, but you can't really control other people actions. I suggest not putting too much attention to what they do... No point in letting them ruin your daily mood imho. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    I find people tend to be more friendly in real life, the risk of getting crap kicked out of you tends to sap some of the braveness out of most people.