BT Discussion
Im a fan of the lets make new/bad killers being forced to learn the game and get better.
That means being forced to not camp/proxy camp. “Do gens” is great for the people not having their match ruined.
I think a level of BT should just be default. 5 Seconds maybe, but i think its crazy that every survivor needs to have BT in order to counter a face camping killer.
Then i would buff BT in one of a few ways
A) You cant be pulled off an unhook
B) Both parties are protected from a hit during an unhook
C) Borrowed kicks in within 32 meters of a killer, regardless of a heart beat or youre in dream state.
I just think Camping killers are given to many tools so they can be a tool while staring at a hooked survivor.
Comments
Camping is a valid game mechanic and strategy. Even if you don't like it.
A: No. If the gates are open and the killer has no means of downing another survivor before they get to the exit then there is no way for them to secure a kill.
B: Also no. It used to be that way and people saved without care because they were both safe. The way it is now you can at least trade hooks.
C: I actually agree with this one. I do hate how certain killers can completely bypass BT and tunnel the unhooked. Id rather it go off proximity to the hook rather than TR.
BT doesn't need any buffs. The issue is too many killers are face camping. The reason, I think, is because too many survivors fail to counter it. There's already penalties for face camping. That killer won't pip and will get hardly any bloodpoints. If survivors learned to do the gens and get out, that killer will not rank up. Eventually common sense will kick in and that killer will say "This isn't working anymore. I guess I better try actually hunting" If survivors keep sacrificing themselves to save that person the killer is going to keep getting 4ks and continue doing what they're doing because your making it work for him.
It's a good idea, but Borrowed time is fine the way it is. Trust me, as someone who plays killer and tries not to camp unless I need too. It works fine. I have so many games where I hook someone take one step from the hook and they're gone, and I do mean one step.
So many people use sprint burst or dead hard it's not funny. and they combo it with BT. and the exhausted status does nothing so so they might as well be free. It doesn't make you move slower it just doesn't let you move faster
yet if you do camp or proxy camp whatever. you still have no counter to unhooks since grabs are broken. I play survivor too and yeah killers camp hooks and they do it for a reason. some don't, it's just part of the game sometimes.
It is frustrating that so many of the oft-necessary mechanics in the game are made into perks that do more than they should to justify the fact that they are perks and both aren't always present and wouldn't always activate otherwise.
A base kit BT that only lasts 5 seconds sounds great. BT could increase the bleed-out time and the Endurance effect duration.
Honestly this is so far in the complete opposite direction the perk needs to go that I thought this was a joke. No sarcasm.
Not only does it not need to be base kit or get buffs, but it literally needs a rework/nerf. It's way too strong for what it does while asking zero skill, zero downside, zero cost, nothing.
I see all the killer mains dont like that idea lol crazy to think
I love camping personally, playing defensive can be fun sometimes especially while feeling trolly. But I do hate being camped as a survivor which over weighs my time playing killer. I wish hooks and such would be changed not nerfed to make the game more interesting for both sides and less frustrating.