3 Gen Strats

Often I get to the end of the game with a nice cluster of 3 gens and 2 survivors left. At this point, a survivor will reveal themselves and invite me to go to the other side of the map, or a brave one will work on a gen. ORRRR both just revert to hide and seek.

Generally I WANT to give the brave one the hatch, but the problem is ... The hidden one stays hidden, and either we're deadlocked or I kill the one who deserves the hatch for breaking the stalemate. Pointers? Suggestions?

Comments

  • Sometimes the brave one will clue on to the fact that I'm not going to kill him in this instance and go find the coward waiting for their ally to die to escape and just lead me to them.

  • Slug the brave one, search the map, use the brave as bait.

    If they get the brave one up and disappear. Slug the brave one again, rinse and repeat .

  • If you don't want to slug too long then slug them and look for the hatch for a bit. If you can find the hatch then hook the third person and immediately run to the hatch and close it. (Obviously I'm assuming you never see the fourth survivor in the meantime.)

    Even better, when you get down to two survivors start looking for the hatch right away, that way you'll know exactly where to go when you down someone.

  • kill them all. No hatch for anyone.

    Edit: Actually, I feel you. I've been there. It's just that typically everyone in my games dies on the hook at around the same time or escapes. Don't usually have games where I hook different survivors one after the other repeatedly until they're all dead. Those are my least favorite games.