This is why I think DBD is dying...

So first off I want to say that yes, I understand that rank reset just happened but this has been an issue for quite sometime now and is why I think no one enjoys playing this game now a days. As someone who plays both sides equally but enjoys survivor more, matchmaking makes me want to take breaks from this game. I used to ONLY play swf matches back then and now I only play solo at the moment but let me tell you, it's not fun getting paired up with teammates that are far from your rank along with an experienced killer as you feel you are the only one doing good in chases, knowing where to go, how the map works etc. And as for killer it's also not fun going against ranks significantly lower than you at all. Some might say "well be glad they're not a red rank swf squad" or something among those lines but that's not the point. I really wish the devs would look into matchmaking because if it continues like this Idk what to do, game is getting so stale. Also don't make fun of my rank lol, I know rank reset hit yesterday but as you can tell I clearly play this game and mostly this game ALOT lol,

DeadByDaylight   10_14_2020 10_46_57 PM_LI.jpg


Comments

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683049#Comment_1683049

    If you look at the game long term, they have not increased their numbers dramatically. The most dramatic increase was during the covid months. Other than that, they started 4 years ago with 11,000 average players and averaged about 23,000 before covid. It's clear that they've reached their peak players this year. Since there's a current downtrend and there's no news of anything really happening for a while, we can assume the trend to continue. Keep in mind they've also released a major DLC during this time as well and that didn't even save it.

    No one is going from PC to console. Just like no one is going from ferrari's to model Ts

    Pretty sure my Xbox was just called an old ass Model T ;)

  • I don't know if dev care keep vets at this point new player not going to stay.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683310#Comment_1683310

    If you think asking a legitimate question is an insult then idk what to tell you bud. Grow some thick skin maybe and stop being so sensitive.

    Lmao. Keep trying, bud.

    It literally says right next to my name I have 5k posts. My profile says I created this account years ago. Stop and think before you post.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683542#Comment_1683542

    Nope, he's talking about how you are jumping to conclusions like "OoOh you talk like a rank 13 who got the game last week". It really is a pretty cringy attempt at an insult.

    Exactly. Thank you.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1682664#Comment_1682664

    I've seen plenty of similar posts (almost the exact same as mine actually) in general discussion and they have not been locked. What would make theirs okay but mine not so?

    I think almost everyone believes that the bugs, poor optimization, and lack of quality of life options is a problem in some form or the other, whether they are a new player, vet, or retired player.

    But again, I disagree. Just because the numbers have increased or may even be increasing, doesn't mean the game is necessarily in a good state or that people are happy with it. Popularity or even the number of people playing a game does not equate to current state of game health or how happy people are with the state of a game. The game could remain unpatched for two years, with nothing being fixed or breaking, and that player number will continue to either go up or down. Game could grow within that time or still shrink.

    Left 4 Dead 2 hadn't had patches for years except small vulnerability and security fixes, and even before the free community update, it still managed to hold around 10~15k people on average every day. That game is over 10 years old, with nothing to even keep reeling people in to keep playing like DBD does with its battle pass and constant grind to 'progress' and, y'know, updates -- It's just that good of a game -- y'know, fun. Oh. And I can also rely on the sound not breaking half the time on when playing it.

    Eventually DBDs numbers are going to come down. While that is always inevitable at some point for any game, it is going to happen much sooner rather than later if nothing changes. DBD has massive problems, and it has had them for years. DBD does not have to be some game that is just going to die out in a 'few years', though. Not be popular? Sure, but it doesn't have to die and peter out of existence. Left 4 Dead 2 is a testament to that.

    Hell, even a very very old game like Phantasy Star Online (1) which lost all of its official support is still kept alive by its fans when Sega literally shut everything down. It doesn't get 30k+ players, but the game is not dead. I can go boot up my gamecube version of the game right now, hop on, and start playing with people with dozens in a lobby and a good list of party rooms to jump into.

    Or, it could be like CubeWorld, which finally released a year ago, had over 35,000 people playing it, and now it has... um...

    -checks-

    Nine people playing it right now at the time of posting.

    Nine.

    Well, I guess nine is still infinitely better than Deathgarden's numbers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    I'm not going to pretend to be some super agent who knows all the answers and secrets to good game design, nor have I ever pertained to ever being as such even when I did still play this game -- I only offered my own opinions and suggestions. Nothing more.

    ...But I don't need to be a game design genius to know that game breaking bugs and poor optimization is bad for a game. That's about as basic as the culinary knowledge of "Burnt food = taste bad". It's just common sense.

    When an actual horror a-sym comes around (...that does not needlessly shoot itself in the foot) and proves to be a viable alternative with having what DBD has -- just without all the "bullshit", then I do truly wonder how many people will stay, even after the whole "new shiny game" phase wears off. That will be the ultimate test to see how much people enjoy the game versus people who are only putting up with it because there is no other viable alternative.

    Ironically, I think the healthiest thing DBD needs is another competitor. Another competitor would light the fire under BHVR's bottom to get them to actually fix their damn game. Just wish all the would-be competitors that keep coming around would quit destroying themselves before they've barely even got one foot out the door.

    Optimization also gets locked as well, in particular, console optimization does.

    That, and I really hope Monstrum 2 does well because of that. Nothing encourages healthy business practices like worthy competition.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683542#Comment_1683542

    Nope, he's talking about how you are jumping to conclusions like "OoOh you talk like a rank 13 who got the game last week". It really is a pretty cringy attempt at an insult.

    The fact that you think it’s an “insult” or that I was trying to “insult” is annoying. Wasn’t trying to make any comebacks or anything. Also the fact that the man says he has over 5K posts and has had an account for over a year boggles me as you never see those types of players make comments like that so....

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683542#Comment_1683542

    Lmao. Keep trying, bud.

    It literally says right next to my name I have 5k posts. My profile says I created this account years ago. Stop and think before you post.

    Okay? Considering you have 5K posts and have had that account years ago, you sure do complain a lot. This post was to just show how stale Dead By Daylight is getting. Many others agree and some disagree like you. Your original comment said towards the end “they also have to insist, without any supporting evidence, that the game is dying.” Actually there is proof that the game is very well dying. Others have been discovering large chunks of the player base leave so yeah. I’m done arguing with you now, you’re not worth it.

    1. dbd is not dying
    2. yes that is an problem
  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683769#Comment_1683769

    Okay? Considering you have 5K posts and have had that account years ago, you sure do complain a lot. This post was to just show how stale Dead By Daylight is getting. Many others agree and some disagree like you. Your original comment said towards the end “they also have to insist, without any supporting evidence, that the game is dying.” Actually there is proof that the game is very well dying. Others have been discovering large chunks of the player base leave so yeah. I’m done arguing with you now, you’re not worth it.

    See you in another 2 years when the game is still "dying!"

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1683551#Comment_1683551

    The fact that you think it’s an “insult” or that I was trying to “insult” is annoying. Wasn’t trying to make any comebacks or anything. Also the fact that the man says he has over 5K posts and has had an account for over a year boggles me as you never see those types of players make comments like that so....

    Ok

1 2 ›