Corrupt, Ruin, Or Pop?
All three are really popular as slowdown perks, and I was wondering which of them you guys like to use the most.
All three are really popular as slowdown perks, and I was wondering which of them you guys like to use the most.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Each of these perks hold its own cons and pros, I just find Ruin's pros to be higher
Corrupts pros: Prevents immediate start to generators, helps trap killers set up, helps start the game for killers
Cons: Generators can still be completed, as soon as the timer runs out its a disabled perk, low synergy with perks
Ruin Pros: High synergy with perks, killers with high map pressure (I.E Nurse, Oni, Billy, Blight) have big gains from it, reduces the time that you spend by destroying a gen, regresses generators on its own
Cons: Killers with low map pressure don't benefit much (I.E Trapper), Pop does not work with it, Hex perk, only works on generators
Pop pros: Heavy regression to a generator in 1 kick
Cons: Requires a hook, countered by the survivor perk "Repressed Alliance", requires gens to me remaining, requires high speed killers to benefit the most from it (Break 'n chase) while using a killer like Trapper, you have to break the gen and re-catch up to the survivor or leave that survivor, does not have much synergy
Literally depends on the killer in question and other perks.
I like Ruin as it is instant regression and faster than kicking. Bu the time Ruin is cleansed, I've hopefully applied enough pressure that kicking a generator late game isn't a huge issue. It also helps that I've been running Surveillance since before the Ruin rework.
In the current meta of survivors intentionally cleansing totems quickly I prefer Pop to Ruin. The Undying plus Ruin combo is obviously a good way to extend Ruin’s life span but that’s also two perk slots to get essentially a slightly longer lasting Ruin perk. Pop isn’t quite as good as Ruin when Ruin stays up a long time but it’s still a good perk for slowdown. (And it can synergize with a couple of other perks that trigger on kicking gens which is fun.)