I mean, I can entertain the idea, but I don't really see him - huge tall tentacle faceless man - riding people on his shoulders to hooks. He's not even on the level of Demogorgon and Pyramid Head, as far as mysteriousness and crypticity go - he's way above them. Dead by Daylight's setting, sadly, won't be able to do this character justice.
And with all the other licensed characters so far - we at least saw them doing something to people in their original source (would it be movies, tv-series or videogames). But with Slender Man - we never see him doing stuff. He is only stalking from afar, coming closer, causing some hallucinations and making screen all glitchy. That's it. Next thing you know - a person is missing without a trace.
If anything, he could be an "agent" of Entity, who takes people to the Entity's Realm, or one of her manifestations, but not a killer.
Big pass. I'm not a fan of creepypastas and "internet horror" in Dead By Daylight like Slenderman, Jeff The Killer, Sonic.EXE, (FNAF may as well be internet horror tbh...)
The only massive horror icon I got to actively watch grow as I grew up, Slenderman has a really cool design and his power could be incredibly unique. I think he would make a banger paragraph. Pretty sure one of the devs namedropped him a while back as well.
How would he work tho? Just don't look at him and he can't kill u.
I'd imagine the more you look at him, the faster he gets. The idea of this is to either speed him up by looking behind you or taking the chance of not knowing what direction he's going when looping.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You can pretend to not like slenderman all you want, he would be a cool addition 100%
How would he work tho? Just don't look at him and he can't kill u.
I mean, I can entertain the idea, but I don't really see him - huge tall tentacle faceless man - riding people on his shoulders to hooks. He's not even on the level of Demogorgon and Pyramid Head, as far as mysteriousness and crypticity go - he's way above them. Dead by Daylight's setting, sadly, won't be able to do this character justice.
And with all the other licensed characters so far - we at least saw them doing something to people in their original source (would it be movies, tv-series or videogames). But with Slender Man - we never see him doing stuff. He is only stalking from afar, coming closer, causing some hallucinations and making screen all glitchy. That's it. Next thing you know - a person is missing without a trace.
If anything, he could be an "agent" of Entity, who takes people to the Entity's Realm, or one of her manifestations, but not a killer.
Big pass. I'm not a fan of creepypastas and "internet horror" in Dead By Daylight like Slenderman, Jeff The Killer, Sonic.EXE, (FNAF may as well be internet horror tbh...)
all of these are low quality options, not worth.
The only massive horror icon I got to actively watch grow as I grew up, Slenderman has a really cool design and his power could be incredibly unique. I think he would make a banger paragraph. Pretty sure one of the devs namedropped him a while back as well.
This game is all about horror killers and Slenderman is one of the most iconic so yeah why not?
I'd imagine the more you look at him, the faster he gets. The idea of this is to either speed him up by looking behind you or taking the chance of not knowing what direction he's going when looping.