Deathslinger Buff

I strongly believe that his power should tier up as the game progresses. I have thought about this since day 1 of his release.

Near every incomplete gen there is a Chest with a wire connected to the gen. Every chest contains upgrades for the DeathSlinger and can only be opened by the DeathSlinger. When the corresponding generator is complete the chest will open and the DeathSlinger may perform an interaction that installs the new component to his gun. Depending on how much split the generator would cause (meaning how beneficial it is for survivors to do that gen) determines the power of the attachment. These attachments would give additional powers on top of the usual addons, such as debuffs and an extended range for the DeathSlinger’s gun. Some of the weaker attachments would be a sight picture or slight buffs to his basekit.

Comments

  • Very interesting idea! Any specific suggestions for what these add-ons could do? Also please let me know what you think of my rework concept!

    @RonMan32 said:

    I'll start off by saying I'm pretty new to this game and it's community. I yoinked it on the last day of the Steam Summer Sale (2022) and have been playing it almost everyday since. Currently at 89 hours according to Steam so I won't claim to have an at all expert level grasp on the game's mechanics or balancing.

    With that said the Deathslinger in his current state is my favorite killer I've tried. I think he's really fun to use, it's really rewarding to pick your shots and shut down simple loops. But apparently he's not worth using anymore. I've only faced him as survivor once and we won all 4 in that game.

    I won't pretend to know exactly why that is but I've boiled it down to people despising the nerf he got last year. So maybe he could use a tiny buff. Some people are just calling for the nerf to be removed. As someone who never used old 'slinger I don't see the big deal with the quickscope nerf (maybe the ADS animation could be a TINY fraction of a second shorter but I think that was a necessary change). I get about 2/3rds of my shots in a game with clearly experienced players. So instead of making a call to revert that change I have a different proposal:

    What if he could move faster (perhaps just slightly, and not while carrying a survivor) if he kept The Redeemer unloaded. This would give him an option to search around the map with more haste, at the cost of not being instantly ready to chain someone should he come across a target before he reached his destination. I think it would be a decent way to give him back some "Map Pressure" if I'm using that term correctly.

    In addition to that, give him *some* of his ambush-ability back. Reduce his terror radius to 28 or perhaps even the original 24 meters and give him a non-directional humming huntress equivalent sound outside that with him whistling some western or Irish tune.

    That's it for the buffs. Finally I'd like to propose a small nerf to the chain of The Redeemer. In my experience it's way too hard for the survivor to break off if you catch them in the open with no objects to use. I think the struggling on the chain w/ out any props to break off of should progress slightly faster in general, with the object collision break being left alone.

    And that's all. I think for the most part everything else about him is good as is. *Maybe* it would be nice if The Redeemer projectile was a tad faster so a longshot is harder to dodge. You can kinda only get those if you're lucky or the survivor isn't even trying to dodge and is just W-ing foward in a straight line. Although that might be best left alone as that's probably the intended drop off at range.

    Vets and fellow newbies alike, please let me know what you think.

    P.S. I copy pasted this from my post on the reddit just because I figured it might get more interaction on here.


  • @RonMan32 said:

    Very interesting idea! Any specific suggestions for what these add-ons could do? Also please let me know what you think of my rework concept!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/337612/a-noobs-perspective-on-what-to-do-with-the-deathslinger

    I don’t agree with the chain nerf but buffs seem fair. My suggested addons are at the end of the post. Thank you for your comment!