Killer perk that removes certain sounds for survivors
I imagine basically a Hex: Third Seal except it applies a deafen to survivors. So another on hit but cleansable hex.
This deafen would not affect terror radius or chase music as those are core aspects to the game.
What it would affect is the ability for the survivor to hear killer footsteps/passive sounds, all sounds from other survivors (footsteps, injured sounds, working on gen/totem or anything that gives away where another survivor is audibly), it would also remove the sounds for generators. (maybe the sound of burning hexes but that might be a bit much)
I think this would make for much more jump scares or unexpected situations where survivors lose an aspect of information.
Examples of what you couldn't hear while going against certain killers
Huntress winding up a hatchet, but not hatchet air sound (whooshing and hitting sounds)
Billy/bubba saw
ghost faces loud cloak sounds when he gets close and also the sound when you are marked.
doctor shocks
clown bottle throws, but not landing sounds
Legion feral frenzy sound
Wraith bell/uncloak
Spirits passive sounds, not the whooshing sound as it is tied to terror radius
This perk would make it so that survivors would have to look more at the killer during a chase rather where they are going to know if the killer is using their power. It would also make them have to see generators and other survivors to know where they are rather than just hear them on the other side of walls or structures. This perk is somewhat overloaded and is why I think it would be a good hex perk since it could be cleansed. ALSO adding on that you have to hit a survivor in order for them to be affected by it makes it so you can't be "cheesed" for your first hook and you will know its in play after you get hit.
I feel like it could be very powerful like the other hex perks and would be good enough to warrant a perk slot for those who want more stealth and confusion added to their build. (also combined with other stealth perks like nemesis, dark devotion, tinkerers. Would be really fun) As a survivor facing it I would like the struggle added by not knowing audibly where my teammates or gens they maybe working on are. Would create interesting moments where you get jump scared by another survivor. I would also be looking back at the killer more often during a chase rather than what's ahead of me to juke the killers ability since I wouldn't be able to juke off the audio queues.
Comments
I'm just going to say... an interesting idea :)
I like it. There’s that Hag add-on that deafens you for a moment when you trigger a trap, so we already have experience of how disorienting this could be!
However, all the silence might help survivors to better focus on skill checks and visual movements, so there’s a chance this might be detrimental to killer since survivors adapt to it!🙃
I've fancied this same one myself, and I think it would be pretty terrifying. You could force survivors to be deaf* and blind*, which are the only two sensory interactions for this game, so that would be pretty terrifying.
I was kind of thinking that it would stack on each survivor kind of like a combination of Remember Me and Third seal. Every survivor must be hit once before the effect tiers up, and then every survivor has to be hit a second time, etc.
i.e.
*not completely ofc because reasons