No Mither could easily be an S-Tier Perk

I'm not sure why the Devs haven't created any meaningful incentives to use No Mither. Personally, I think there are two directions that the perk could be taken that would make it really, really good.

Direction 1- No Mither is all about high risk/high reward. It comes with a built in +10% action speed bonus, which when combined with Resilience would give No Mither Survivors +19% global action speed bonus. Now that would potentially be worth only having one health state.

Direction 2- No Mither grants the Obsession three health states. That extra health state has to go somewhere right? No Mither could give the Obsession Endurance every time they become injured so you're losing a health state to give a teammate three health states. Basically, the Obsession could only be downed while in the Deep Wound State. Interesting right?

Basically, I feel like No Mither has a lot of potential for a high risk, high reward playstyle. Similar to a perk like Object of Obsession where it has a strong drawback, but also a strong benefit

Comments

  • @gatsby said:

    I'm not sure why the Devs haven't created any meaningful incentives to use No Mither. Personally, I think there are two directions that the perk could be taken that would make it really, really good.

    Direction 1- No Mither is all about high risk/high reward. It comes with a built in +10% action speed bonus, which when combined with Resilience would give No Mither Survivors +19% global action speed bonus. Now that would potentially be worth only having one health state.

    Direction 2- No Mither grants the Obsession three health states. That extra health state has to go somewhere right? No Mither could give the Obsession Endurance every time they become injured so you're losing a health state to give a teammate three health states. Basically, the Obsession could only be downed while in the Deep Wound State. Interesting right?

    Basically, I feel like No Mither has a lot of potential for a high risk, high reward playstyle. Similar to a perk like Object of Obsession where it has a strong drawback, but also a strong benefit

    Object of Obsession has zero drawback and provides free information.

  • I don't think there are supposed to be any meaningful incentives. Devs wanted No Mither to be a "hard mode" perk. It's intentionally bad design. I wish they would buff it though.

  • They should make it so that it doesn't tell the killer that the survivor has No-Mither since it's useless at the moment. A killer will just instantly pick up the broken survivor. I like the idea of it giving extra action speed.

    Maybe it could automatically grant survivors 100% or maybe even more bloodpoints at the end of the trial and leave it as is with that. I'm not sure but it would be cool if it had a purpose.

  • @Zayn said:

    They should make it so that it doesn't tell the killer that the survivor has No-Mither since it's useless at the moment. A killer will just instantly pick up the broken survivor. I like the idea of it giving extra action speed.

    Maybe it could automatically grant survivors 100% or maybe even more bloodpoints at the end of the trial and leave it as is with that. I'm not sure but it would be cool if it had a purpose.

    The point of No Mither is to force the killer to pick you up and not ignore you.

    You can use No Mither to take the heat away from other survivors, and break a killers attempts at tunnelling someone else, unless they’re foolish enough to ignore you.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1670356#Comment_1670356

    The point of No Mither is to force the killer to pick you up and not ignore you.

    You can use No Mither to take the heat away from other survivors, and break a killers attempts at tunnelling someone else, unless they’re foolish enough to ignore you.

    Very situational points. The threat of Unbreakable which is meta is also always there so you can do those very things by playing normally. Which does happen, at rank 1 especially, killers when slugging a survivor usually come back right before they can get up with unbreakable if they had it except when that survivor just came off the hook in which case they may have DS as well.

  • I don't understand how many times this has to be said, it is meant to be bad. It is supposed to be a hard mode for those that want the challenge.

  • @Zayn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1670365#Comment_1670365

    Very situational points. The threat of Unbreakable which is meta is also always there so you can do those very things by playing normally. Which does happen, at rank 1 especially, killers when slugging a survivor usually come back right before they can get up with unbreakable if they had it except when that survivor just came off the hook in which case they may have DS as well.

    Situational, but not rare.