The more lore that is created for DBD, the more I wished there was a campaign.

Not a campaign in the traditional sense, but one that mirrors what we saw in the Twisted Metal games. Twisted Metal was very much centered around multiplayer, but each character had their own campaign with a unique beginning and end. I would love to see that for the killers. Naturally that would mean BHVR would have to incorporate bots, and sadly I don't think the devs have any interest in doing that.

Comments

  • For the Original Killers it could work nicely. They could progress through their realms with Billy ending at the Thompson House, for example. Not sure what "game mode" would make sense though....But a neat idea nonetheless.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    Not a campaign in the traditional sense, but one that mirrors what we saw in the Twisted Metal games. Twisted Metal was very much centered around multiplayer, but each character had their own campaign with a unique beginning and end. I would love to see that for the killers. Naturally that would mean BHVR would have to incorporate bots, and sadly I don't think the devs have any interest in doing that.

    God I miss Twisted Metal so much. I think a mini-campaign could be cool if there was also side-objectives for the killer like having Wraith start without his bell and having to find it, or Billy having to put together his chainsaw/get fuel for it. (Early "missions" you have no power at all, and later in the campaign you either put together your power yourself, or the entity gives it to you.)

  • I would rather see short/long cutscenes or stories than actually playing, since I doubt that'll look good or be interesting to play.

    Unless there's a separate spin-off game which is already made to be played in a certain way, then I'm down for that. For example seeing a spin-off about Benedict Baker and his investigation&first time in Entity's realm and until his last notes before his disappearance.

  • @Justalittlepeeck said:

    I would rather see short/long cutscenes or stories than actually playing, since I doubt that'll look good or be interesting to play.

    Unless there's a separate spin-off game which is already made to be played in a certain way, then I'm down for that. For example seeing a spin-off about Benedict Baker and his investigation&first time in Entity's realm and until his last notes before his disappearance.

    With BHVR already creating some pretty impressive animated paintings that coincide with the lore, I could see a campaign working well since that's what Twisted Metal utilized.