I just had a 4-man TTV SWF disconnect because I was Slinger
This is probably the most bizarre thing I've seen as killer so far. In the lobby, I noticed they all had ttv names and I checked their streams. They were all on comms with each other, had 2000+ hours each in the game (2 of them had over 4000), the usual stuff you see.
I loaded in Badham Preschool II as Slinger. I downed a Kate pretty quickly, hooked her, one of them dc's, the Kate then dc's. The Steve and Feng then come and find me to point at the hook. I figured everyone wants this game over. I hook Steve who dc's while on the hook, and hook Feng who dies instantly.
I went into one of their streams to ask: Why did everyone DC?
Apparently, they only DC when playing against Slinger. The reason being, "he is unfun to play against". Now, don't get me wrong, I completely understand where they come from when saying this. It's near impossible to react to Slinger's ADS insta-shoot, and you can gain distance on him simply by holding it up. But then they said he is "unfair". This is where I disagree and I think most will too. Is Slinger strong in a chase? Yeah, there is no denying that. But he is evened out in his insane lack of map pressure. He's a 110% move speed killer with no map pressure. They were all comms together, one of them had Prove Thyself, it would not have been hard at all to gen rush me (it was a Preschool map so it was large).
I watched the stream for another game just to see what they behave like, and it's honestly quite pathetic. They went against a Forever Freddy (Swing Chains, Jump Rope, Thana, Dying Light, Sloppy) and said that THIS game would be more fun than a Slinger. They proceeded to gen rush a Forever Freddy with the Prove Thyself.
My question for everyone is this: What do YOU think about Slinger? Is he fun to play against? Is he fair to play against? Do you think DC'ing against every x killer you play against is pathetic behaviour, especially on stream?
TL;DR 4 salty streamers on comms DC'd solely because I played Slinger who is apparently "unfun and unfair", but Forever Freddy is acceptable.
Comments
I said it before and I'll say it again - DC bans can't come back fast enough.
I was taking quotes from previous posts. Also yes I do. I dont expect a trapper who sees object to stay and play, or a huntress on haddonfield.