Anyone else wish we have more unique killers?
The most unique killers we have right now are Hag and Nurse since they play completely differently from the rest. Hag is often compared to a spider with her traps being her web, so she functions and chases a bit differently. Nurse is... well, Nurse. She teleports through everything and leaves you slugged and/or cowering in fear.
Before, we had Old Freddy who was also pretty unique in how he functioned... although he was pretty weak and needed a rework, at least he had his own identity because of how mechanically different he was. Now he's a pretty boring, better version of Clown (no problem if you like him; he's just... boring now imo).
We also had Old Legion who... okay, yeah, he was a mistake. In an attempt to design a killer with different counterplay, they instead made one with zero counter play. Now, he's the most basic killer in the game (for better or worse). I think I would've preferred if they continued the route of having him play differently, but considering how he was released, this is the big one I fully understand.
I mean, we have killers with some unique elements. Blight is a perfect example! He is a basic M1 killer, but what makes him special is that he hands down the most mobile killer in the game. But he still plays the same as any other killer for the most part (just has absurdly good map coverage).
I just wish we had something that played/was countered a bit differently, similar to those two.
Comments
There are many problems with making unique killers. To name a few off the top of my head:
With that said, I would love for us to get some more unique killers. It feels like we haven't gotten a truly unique killer since the Plague. Even the Executioner, not taking into account the cages, is basically a Deathslinger that doesn't have to reload.
Oh, I know it's hard. They can be busted like Nurse, pathetically weak like Old Freddy, or... whatever the hell Old Legion was.
It's just that with out of 21 killers now, only 2 play completely differently from each other. Eh, I'll take another Blight over another Old Legion any day though.
Nurse isn't busted, most survivors just don't know how to play against her and don't want to learn (because "it's boring").