Any tips for Oni and Spirit?
Just bought the Oni and Spirit last night and am having a bit of trouble learning their powers and what's good on them ECT ECT. I know some basic stuff, like stridor being good for spirit and infectious being good on oni, but if any of you oni or spirit mains got some tips or tricks I'd be glad if you shared them
Comments
I also recently purchased both. I sucked bad with Oni. Just couldn't for the life of me land demon strikes on console. Spirit I found easy at low to mid ranks but its hard now at rank 11. My Spirit tips would be, use a headset, you can hear pallet vaults, bone cleansing and what survivors are doing when you are approaching/chasing. Standing still at a pallet/vault fake phasing catches a lot of survivors out at low ranks, trick wears off against better survivors. Other than that, just assume and anticipate the movements of survivors. You are also NOT the wraith, so don't phase all over map, save it for gen approaches and chases .
Scott Jund is a former Oni main and has a pretty solid guide to playing him on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfvciT6nnB8My recommended Oni build would be:
*Infectious Fright is basically Oni's favorite perk and is a big enabler for his terrifying snowball potential. It's probably something every Oni wants in their build.
**Corrupt Intervention helps Oni during his low-pressure early game while he's still gathering his power.
Much like Myers, you want to build up your power ASAP. You may want to injure a survivor and then allow them to loop you for a lengthy period of time to charge Blood Fury with the orbs they drop. If you find several survivors early-on, injure one and ditch them to chase someone else who's healthy. Don't be afraid to use your power to down injured survivors if it could prevent them from getting to good loops (or could force them away from a good loop). And try to remember where injured survivors may have worked on gens or cleansed totems; they'll often have left a ton of blood orbs for you to absorb.
For Spirit, OhTofu and Otzdarva have some good videos all about her (also on YouTube).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWYxqOptElwI don't play her as much as other killers, so I don't have any well-known-to-be-great builds to share, but I can say this much:
Just get really good at tracking by sound and you shouldn't have too much trouble with Spirit.
I can tell you a few things about Spirit.
Thank you all very much for these tips and such. I will definitely use them. Youre all amazing