So, Repressed Alliance...

It's been a few months now.

I heard enough people say it's not useful, while others defended its use.

Again, it's been a while now, so how about you?

You use this well?

And/Or is it being used well against you?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I don't use it often but when I do I use it to counter pop and it works quite well most times. When playing as Killer most times it's useless for the survivors.

  • @DerZuntor said:

    I don't use it often but when I do I use it to counter pop and it works quite well most times.

    This exactly. ^

  • @DerZuntor said:

    I don't use it often but when I do I use it to counter pop and it works quite well most times.

    And since Pop's pretty popular, it's not bad to take it with you often?

  • The perk is situational and the condition of 60 seconds to activate the perk is too much imo


  • @Boss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661061#Comment_1661061

    And since Pop's pretty popular, it's not bad to take it with you often?

    With the new Pop nerf it's useful when used right. Let's say the Killer has BBQ and sees you working on a gen on the other side of the map until he is there his Pop will be half gone so you just need to use Repressed Alliance and his Pop is wasted.

  • @DerZuntor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661075#Comment_1661075

    With the new Pop nerf it's useful when used right. Let's say the Killer has BBQ and sees you working on a gen on the other side of the map until he is there his Pop will be half gone so you just need to use Repressed Alliance and his Pop is wasted.

    The Killer could maybe find another Generator in time, but RA does indeed have a good use there: At least your Generator is safe from a 25% Pop.

  • It's really useful when you're up against Ruin since blocked generators pause regression.

  • The perk effect is amazing against the Pop/Corrupt/BBQ or the Ruin/Unding/Tinkerer meta - at least on paper.

  • Alright, alright, it absolutely has its good uses then. ๐Ÿ˜‹

  • @Yamaoka said:

    The perk effect is amazing against the Pop/Corrupt/BBQ or the Ruin/Unding/Tinkerer meta - at least on paper.

    Theory != Practice

    A lot of things can be good on paper but they suck big time in game. Repressed Alliance is one of these things.

  • @Artick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1661133#Comment_1661133

    Theory != Practice

    A lot of things can be good on paper but they suck big time in game. Repressed Alliance is one of these things.

    True. The 1 minute repair condition makes it pretty situational. It can even help the killer to some extent if something like this happens:

    "the gen is on 80% when the Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer killer chases you off the gen. You block the generator and the chase begins. Another survivor finds the gen but can't finish it because you blocked it. Now you get downed/hooked and the killer returns just before the other survivor finishes the gen. The killer managed to defend the gen because YOU blocked it for 30 seconds. YOUR perk helped the killer. The gen is now regressing while you're hooked / the other survivor is getting chased."

    So yes, it is definitely a situational perk with some risk to it but the effect can be pretty good.

  • I used repressed alliance for awhile even after I got adept Cheryl but after a lot of different matches I just saw it never really came in handy, unless if I wasn't the first person chased or I could work on a gen in peace for literally a minute or less. While I loved the concept of a Survivor temporarily having the entity aid them it never seemed super useful, plus usually some killers will wait out the full 30 seconds to use pop. It is pretty fun on specific gens builds though