A more competitive and balanced matchmaking

I come from a background in CSGO so please bear that in mind. If it weren't plagued by hackers it'd be a wonderfully balanced game. I merely suggest this for a competitive matchmaking in DBD:

(Both Survivor and Killer)

No perks/Add Ons

No Items or offerings brought into the match

Items can still be found in chests.

This on paper would decrease the variety of things that need to be balanced and make it more bare bones. I dare say solo only as SWF brings inherent advantages that would disadvantage solo players who queued with them. This would very much so make the competitive experience feel more balanced in my outsider opinion and killer powers could be independently balanced in this matchmaking variation so that no killer overpowers any groups and survival rates are more in line with developer expectations.

Comments

  • @timbologna said:

    I come from a background in CSGO so please bear that in mind. If it weren't plagued by hackers it'd be a wonderfully balanced game. I merely suggest this for a competitive matchmaking in DBD:

    (Both Survivor and Killer)

    No perks/Add Ons

    No Items or offerings brought into the match

    Items can still be found in chests.

    This on paper would decrease the variety of things that need to be balanced and make it more bare bones. I dare say solo only as SWF brings inherent advantages that would disadvantage solo players who queued with them. This would very much so make the competitive experience feel more balanced in my outsider opinion and killer powers could be independently balanced in this matchmaking variation so that no killer overpowers any groups and survival rates are more in line with developer expectations.

    Then wouldn't camping and tunneling become the main way to win ? And it would actually work since there's nothing to stop them?

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195781/a-more-competitive-and-balanced-matchmaking

    Then wouldn't camping and tunneling become the main way to win ? And it would actually work since there's nothing to stop them?

    Gens still exist...

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/195781/a-more-competitive-and-balanced-matchmaking

    Then wouldn't camping and tunneling become the main way to win ? And it would actually work since there's nothing to stop them?

    Tbf, anything will work when survivors go afk

  • On base this game is survivor favored, just look at gens lmao.

    Guess why we have to run all those meta perks for killer and survivor to bandaid the many flaws of this broken mess game. (Even though survivor can do fine without perks lol)

  • @timbologna said:

    I come from a background in CSGO so please bear that in mind. If it weren't plagued by hackers it'd be a wonderfully balanced game. I merely suggest this for a competitive matchmaking in DBD:

    (Both Survivor and Killer)

    No perks/Add Ons

    No Items or offerings brought into the match

    Items can still be found in chests.

    This on paper would decrease the variety of things that need to be balanced and make it more bare bones. I dare say solo only as SWF brings inherent advantages that would disadvantage solo players who queued with them. This would very much so make the competitive experience feel more balanced in my outsider opinion and killer powers could be independently balanced in this matchmaking variation so that no killer overpowers any groups and survival rates are more in line with developer expectations.

    At the beginning there was a lot less "content" in the game like all these pesky perks and new killer powers, realms/maps, etc. There wasn't even survive with friends at the start - but the addition of that honestly vitalized this game and being forced into complete solo only interactions would turn off a huge portion of the playerbase. Which in turn might start that "doomsday slippery slope" towards longer queue times and an active player base where even completely solo players like me just give up on the game (like all the other assymetrical horror games that came after DbD's success and faded away including BHVR's own Deathgarden).

    It's a nuclear thought but one that is just short of rewriting the game from scratch to fix all the spaghetti code and engine issues - reoptimizing it for consoles and even pcs given the number of performance bugs that come up every time any change is made including "graphically" reworking the maps, objects and doodads. If they're going to wipe the slate - I would rather they go the full mile rather than half-measures as it would do more for every feature overall.

    Unfortunately, both options are most likely not financially feasible nor even warranted given they must still be turning a profit and aren't quite at the blatant unapologetic milking of the populace without ANY support at all (I've seen plenty of development teams go that rout with other games too especially in this saturated market).

  • I think they're asking for a hardcore competitive mode, in addition to the normal game. The only problem with this is that it'll spilt the player base. I'm not sure there's enough players for this.