Here's how to fix DS.

I feel like we've all heard Scott's sugestion by this point, where the time is reduced to 30 seconds but it doesn't deplete in-chase. A good solution on paper, but looking a bit deeper reveals it's flaws as it could be exploited by the killer just not looking at the survivor, or a Wraith cloaking in order to not trigger the chase.

I suggest a change, which does the same thing but in an opposite way. Leave the DS timer at 60 seconds, but make it deplete twice as fast when the survivor's working on a generator or healing someone. It fixes the issue just as well while not being as easily exploitable, since it's up to the survivor to control the timer, not the killer. (I couldn't think of a single way to exploit this)

Opinions ?

Comments

  • Imo, if you get grabbed off anything that isn't a pallet or window then it should deactivate. DS is now fixed because they can't hop in lockers in front of you, unhook, or do a gen/totem in front of you hoping to get grabbed and then you get punished for stopping them.