Trail of Torment - what I think of it now

I used this perk a bit and tested how much value I can get with it.

  • without other perks, ToT is a hit or miss. You can get lucky and get really long Undetectable durations. This is the case for larger maps and if no other survivors are around to tap the gen. But you can also get only a few seconds value out of it, if there were multiple survivors on that gen or next to it.
  • if combined with perks like Dragon's Grip or Overcharge, It get's more value. But since the cooldown of DG is not the same as for ToT, this is a bit difficult.
  • Myers, Billy, Oni or other insta down killers can benefit from this perk quite well. Having 0m TR while chainsawing around or during EWIII is great. I even got some silent Tombstone kills with this.

What is the problem?

The hit or miss aspect the perk has now is not good. It hurts. I don't like perks who are completely dependent on the other sides actions, forcing the perk to a cooldown of 60s even if it did last 3s only. I think that removing the yellow highlight is too much and would be too strong, but removing or drastically reducing the perk's cooldown (i.e. to 20s) would be a step to the right direction. Also making this into a Hex (without the cooldown or the yellow marking of course) would be worth a try.

Comments