How would you feel about this?

Lets face it, breakable walls really don't work that well for the game. They make main buildings god buildings before they are broken and that alone can make it incredibly hard for the killer to get pressure at the start of the match.

So, possible solution:

Make the killer spawn where the main building is, or in a key location.

This is to fix those situations at the start of the game where the main building with walls are on the complete opposite side of the map and you would waste too much time going over there and breaking them.

More importantly, this adds a choice at the start and not a lose lose like the situation above. You either immediately break the walls and waste minimal time, or you think that you don't need to and instantly start chasing.

Plus this could also fix survivor split spawns where all 4 survivors spawn separately and you're pretty much guaranteed to lose at least 2 gens at the start.

Just want others thoughts on this.

Comments

  • It would still feel pointless. It I spawn in on the saloon I think “well guess I gotta break these walls first” and it’s just me wasting a bit of time opening the doors.

    I get what the developers were going for but I dont think its that great. Its just like having pre-dropped safe pallets I guess.

  • The idea of breakable walls are good, but as they are they don't pan out. the only one I can thing of giving some advantage would be the one in midwich's bathroom.

    honestly: to have them be worthwhile they should be 'breakable' only for killers, like, once you break them, they open a new path for you, but now for the survivors.

    i mean, killers can't drop pallets or hide in lockers, so why should survivors use break-paths?

  • I would rather remove Breakable Walls completely, but this is not gonna happen.

    Honestly, up until Badham they improved with Breakable Walls. Badham Breakables were pretty good, because they actually are a choice for the Killer and not something they have to break (like the Saloon-Walls).

    But MacMillan did not need breakable Walls, the Main Buildings were fine after the Map Reworks. So Breakable Walls like Badham are ok in my opinion. I dont like the Walls on Midwich that much, but they are also ok, since you can break them while you pass by. But MacMillan-Walls are not good and I dont think that every Map needs to have them, if they dont fit.

    So I would rather have the Developers evaluate where Walls make sense and where they dont make sense, instead of changing something like Spawn Locations.

    (Fixed Spawn Locations would also mean that the Survivors can figure out where the Killer is, which means that it will take longer for the Killer to get into a Chase, which would also remove one advantage of Stealth Killers. This might not make a difference on small Maps like Coal Tower, but on larger Maps it can be quite annoying)