Thanatophobia still seems a little too weak. Here's a suggestion I have for it

As of now in this PTB, Thanatophobia now slows down gens to 100 seconds instead of its previous 95 seconds when all 4 survivors are injured.

Here are some numbers for Thana:

Gen speeds at 4% per injured person (Live Version):

80 > 83.3 > 87 > 90.9 > 95.2

Gen speeds at 5% per injured person (PTB Version):

80 > 84.2 > 88.9 > 94.1 > 100


While I was calculating those, I found a weird interaction as the penalty increases. It seems like the difference between Thana's slowdown intensifies for each injured survivor, moreso than I expected. The difference between 20% and 15% slowdowns (5.9) and the difference between 5% and 0% slowdowns (4.2) shows this pretty well. I think that changing it to accelerate its penalty even more as more survivors are injured would be a fantastic change to the perk as it would make your entire team being injured a huge detriment to their progression. Here's my suggestion:

Thanatophobia decreases generator and sabotage action speeds by 3%/3.5%/4% for each injured, dying, or hooked survivor. When multiple survivors are impaired, add an additional penalty of 1% for two survivors, 3% for three survivors, and 8% for all survivors. All survivors suffer a permanent 2% penalty for each dead survivor.

Gen speeds using the above change:

80 (-0%) > 83.3 (-4%) > 87.9 (-9%) > 94.1 (-15%) > 105.3 (-24%)


I still don't think it would be a fantastic perk if it was like this, but I do think that it would actually be useful against teams that are reluctant to heal (and on Plague and Legion) and have numbers high enough to actually make a difference in the match. At the very least, the 24% penalty would be enough incentive to have at least one healthy player in the game at a time.

I understand that it is unlikely for it to drastically change like this since it's being tested right now with simple number buffs, but I think that this version would make the perk much more interesting to play with and against.

Please let me know what you all think.

Comments