Is the grind about to get worse?
All perks are slated to be uncommon at tier one, rare at tier two, and very rare at tier three. This means that various perks that remained uncommon at tier two and then moved to rare at tier three will now be 2,000 BP more expensive to get to max tier. For example: Unnerving Presence. Right now it costs 13,000 BP to get the perk and max it out. Now, it will cost 15,000 BP. It may not sound significant, but easily adds up when factoring in multiple perks. I also realize that certain perks will become less expensive that had a very rare quality at tier two.
Don't hear that I am unhappy that acquiring and leveling perks is becoming more uniform and clear; but something desperately needs to be done about the grind. I like the suggestion of removing perk tiers altogether, and/or lowering the cost of all items in the bloodweb by 1,000 BP.
Comments
Or, instead of lowering the BP-Costs, they can double the amount of Bloodpoints for the Category-specific BP-Offerings. For brown ones, instead of 50% in the Category, 100%. For yellow, instead of 75%, 150% and for green instead of 100%, 200%.
Completely unrelated to the increased costs of the Perks, but something that I wish for a long time.
something you didn't think of while the price of 1/3 of perks has increased by 2k bp the price of 1/3 perks has also decreased 2k bp because they leveled green/purple/purple and its now yellow/green/purple. They haven't increased grinding
I would welcome this bump to the BP offerings also, but it still won't help how expensive items, addons, and offerings can be in relation to the return value. For example: if I bring a skeleton key with two very rare add ons and a White Ward into the trial, and escape; I can still come out less BP than that item and offering combination costs (25,000 BP)? Hmm, ok.
In general I'm pretty sure perks go like this (cost in thousands):
4-4-5, 4-5-6, 5-6-6
Now they will go
4-5-6 4-5-6 4-5-6
It's still 45k to max all 3 perks.
Overall it's a TINY reduction in cost because some characters (Ace, Laurie, Michael, Hag) had all 3 perks end on purple rarity already, so I think somewhere they lose a little bit of cost.
I heard rank rewards are coming as bloodpoints in some leaks
Sadly you have to play Killer to run strong Setups like this and get away with a decent profit. But when it comes to Add Ons and Items, the bigger problem is that the Survivor Bloodwebs are way to full with stuff. And it got even worse.
But doubling the amount which BP-Offerings generate would actually make them worth using. Like, if I use a brown Offering for Objectives, I would need to make at least 6k BPs, just to get the costs back with a maximum profit of 1k BPs. But if they would double the amount (100% in Objectives), you would only need 3k BPs to get the costs back and would have a potential profit of 5k.
Because, lets face it, aside from Cakes/Puddings/BPS, BP-Offerings are not worth their price.