A call to ALL players to provide some scorescreen bloodpoint screenshots

So... I had a discussion with @dugman in another thread about the designed "bloodpoint" reward bias on the killer side (Which we both agree is fair considering survivors each have less difficulty in fulfilling scoring events) but whether it was possible for competent survivors to "consistently" surpass or even match an equally competent killer (if we're assuming matchmaking is doing some type of job) in bloodpoints for purposes of determining a "win" condition that isn't "4K or I lost" point for killers to chew on (I'm sure many have already accepted that 4K isn't the only way to win though).

Just played 5 matches as killer and another 5 matches as survivor and already starting to feel a bias in data considering my personal playstyle and folks just disconnecting or suiciding on me in solo-queue. So I'll ask for some community submissions for data points in here. Please don't cherry pick your best games if possible as the hope is to gather much larger amounts of data than feasible for a single person alone. Edit: Also I will be excluding games with disconnects in them for any reason in the future - hopefully some solution like a refined disconnect penalty/husks or something else is implemented (Together with a struggle phase rework imo).

If possible combine the images into a single jpeg for ease like so:

Scorescreens.jpg

Edit2: If you guys want to just screencap "any games" you see post screen scoreboards for and dump it here as long as they are recent - I'll be okay with that too.

/geek out with pivot tables and charts. Bishes love pie charts.

Comments

  • You can use all the ones I'm posting in the game thread if you like: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1647173#Comment_1647173

    But they're not cut like that though.

  • Cool, got a ping on this. 😄 Anyway, some things I think might be worth watching for:

    • Probably shouldn't include disconnects in the survey. Someone ragequitting in the beginning of the match throws things off for the whole survivor.
    • If the scores are working "properly" I think you'll end up with:
      • 4 kill games almost always having the killer with the highest score
      • 3 kill games usually having the killer with the highest score but sometimes the escaping survivor wins on score because they carried the rest of the team
      • 2 kill games will be kind of split 50/50 between the killer versus a survivor having the highest score. (I'm mainly looking just at which side has the highest score.)
      • 1 kill has the killer usually not having the highest score, but occasionally they get it because the survivors simply slammed gens and did nothing else at all while the killer did a lot of secondary actions like breaking pallets and gens and getting a bunch of non-lethal hooks.
      • 0 kills will almost always have the killer not having the highest score.

    So the hypothesis is that looking at whichever side gets the highest score in the game is a fairly consistent indicator of which side "won" the game in terms of kills alone. And while it's often argued that the killer has a higher average score than the survivors, the question being looked at here would be is the killer's average score higher than the average highest score each match among all the survivors.

    In the small sample in the original post above, for instance,

    • Exclude the first two disconnects.
    • Match 3 was a 4k and the killer had the highest score.
    • Match 4 was a 2k with the killer getting 25k and the highest survivor getting 27k (so a somewhat close win on score for the survivors)
    • Match 5 was a 3k with the killer beating the escaping survivor on score (which is usually the case but not always since escaping is worth 5k points)

    Those three games above, at least, match the pattern.

  • @dugman said:

    Cool, got a ping on this. 😄 Anyway, some things I think might be worth watching for:

    • Probably shouldn't include disconnects in the survey. Someone ragequitting in the beginning of the match throws things off for the whole survivor.
    • If the scores are working "properly" I think you'll end up with:
      • 4 kill games almost always having the killer with the highest score
      • 3 kill games usually having the killer with the highest score but sometimes the escaping survivor wins on score because they carried the rest of the team
      • 2 kill games will be kind of split 50/50 between the killer versus a survivor having the highest score. (I'm mainly looking just at which side has the highest score.)
      • 1 kill has the killer usually not having the highest score, but occasionally they get it because the survivors simply slammed gens and did nothing else at all while the killer did a lot of secondary actions like breaking pallets and gens and getting a bunch of non-lethal hooks.
      • 0 kills will almost always have the killer not having the highest score.

    So the hypothesis is that looking at whichever side gets the highest score in the game is a fairly consistent indicator of which side "won" the game in terms of kills alone. And while it's often argued that the killer has a higher average score than the survivors, the question being looked at here would be is the killer's average score higher than the average highest score each match among all the survivors.

    In the small sample in the original post above, for instance,

    • Exclude the first two disconnects.
    • Match 3 was a 4k and the killer had the highest score.
    • Match 4 was a 2k with the killer getting 25k and the highest survivor getting 27k (so a somewhat close win on score for the survivors)
    • Match 5 was a 3k with the killer beating the escaping survivor on score (which is usually the case but not always since escaping is worth 5k points)

    Those three games above, at least, match the pattern.

    This helps since it defines what I'm looking for a bit better... as the for the two disconnects in first image killer games, both were disconnects on final death hook as I was picking them up which is why I included them as I counted those as full games even if I was "denied" extra sacrifice BP. The 3 other killer games were sort of already disqualified for first down disconnects or even one with 3 disconnects and 1 guy getting a hatch with 5 gens and 1 down. Basically I was 5 for 5 on disconnects in some form when I was on killer which is why I made this thread.

    It's sort of why I started just playing solo queue survivor while watching youtube and surfing the forums because I was getting bored. These games were played at R1 Survivor with DH, BT, Bond, Resilience as my build just to play without DS intentionally

    I'm up to 9 Survivor matches tonight including the ones above... and already have 2 rage quitting killers if I loop them for 3~4 gens without even going down because they just brainlessly follow me around and kick every single pallet i stun them with even if they're unsafe.

    The far left one is 3 survivors including me failing a super altruistic play against a Noed Bubba with both gates open but it's about the most interesting thing I've done all night on survivor...

    Survivor Matches.png More Games2.jpg


  • Also not sure if the ones I'm "providing" even help since as you can see some of those builds are like... meme builds xD

  • @ringwinning said:

    Also not sure if the ones I'm "providing" even help since as you can see some of those builds are like... meme builds xD

    Not at all - I'll probably use all of these with the exception of the 2 games with disconnects.

    123.jpg


    Sort of follows my point that my personal games have been sort of plagued with Disconnects tonight so I'm not gathering nearly as much data for time spent... Keep up the good work with the perk roulette thread.

  • So far no exceptions to what I’d expect. And yeah, the DC bans can’t come back fast enough, it’s pretty ridiculous.

  • Will drop Ringwinnings games here - Bump for anyone else willing to help out

    Ringwinning.jpg