My opinions on the developer update

Preface: I am a killer main

Pyramid Head changes: good. The cooldown on Punishment of the Damned was far too punishing to make risky reads. It would often be considered a bad play if you used it outside of guaranteed scenarios. This change will make it more fun on both sides. Survivors will feel less like they have no choice. Killers have more freedom with their power.

Trail of Torment: actually not bad. It's interesting that the Undectable lasts after you get 1 hit, so it would still be active during a chase with a survivor. I am interested in how good this perk will be since 1 tap from a survivor is all it takes to remove it for 60 seconds. It really depends on how easily it is removed.

Blood Pact: it seems really strong. Survivors running at 107% speed will be a nightmare to catch. I don't know how a 110% ms killer will ever be able to catch up. Both the obsession and the other survivor receive the speed boost, so it would seem that they could just stand at the edge of the 16 m to buff each other forever. Imo, only 1 survivor, the obssession for simplicity, should get the speed boost not both.

Cruel Limits: I think the buff changed it from a terrible perk to a niche perk. I say it's a niche perk because at most it will only activate 5 times and effect isn't strong enough. I say at most because it might trigger and there could be no windows nearby. Survivors can also just drop the pallet, which they would likely do since once the gen in that area is complete, saving the pallet matters less. I think the perk should last for 60 seconds if it were to become good.

Thanataphobia: it's an excellent change. Killers that often ran this perk were ones that could easily injure survivors, so the removal of the healing penalty doesn't really affect them much. It was never ran because the effect was negligible even at 4 stacks. This perk could become meta depending on the new numbers.

Pop Goes The Weasel: I don't know why this perk got a nerf. I only considered this a top tier perk on high mobility killers. After the nerf, high mobility killers will still run this perk because the duration isn't a concern. It was an all right to good perk on Killers with no mobility. Killers will just run Undying + Ruin now.

Comments