Changes to Pop Goes the Weasel is an indirect buff to Repressed Alliance, but by how much?

I'm pretty sure that repressed alliance will actually be worth having, and there's no counter to it. On top of this, it also counters Ruin because regression stops while Repressed Alliance is active on the gen.

Currently, the 60 second timer of PGTW can last just long enough to wait out Repressed Alliance, or run to another Gen (often times not finding one worth breaking), but with these changes it won't last long enough.

I am thinking Repressed Alliance will be strong enough to force most killers to use Undying+Ruin. By encouraging people to use Repressed Alliance, they're also indirectly nerfing any other gen damaging perks. Granted, not by much and it's only a cooldown nerf of sorts, but survivors will be able to delay activating perks like Trail of Torment, which was just buffed. Even so, I'm still looking forward to using Dragon's Grip + Trail of Torment.

Regardless, look out next for Undying to be nerfed, as with these Pop changes, and more killers using Undying, survivors will complain more about that.

Comments

  • I keep wanting to use this perk and then forgetting it exists.

  • Repressed Alliance will only really be buffed for SWFs.

    I've tried using it in solo queue and most teammates totally ignore the gen/crouch around the map while competent teammates typically finish other gens before the timer can run out.

    You just have no guarantee that your teammates will do anything with the information you give them. Kinda like Kindred (nice as it can be); three Red Ranks will still occasionally rush to farm you from the Facecamping Bubba.

    And for SWFs, why run Repressed Alliance when you could use Borrowed Time, Adrenaline, or whatever?

    Repressed Alliance has definitely gotten an indirect buff and is far from useless, but I don't think it's really gonna change much.

    You're not gonna see it creeping into meta builds or anything.

  • They need to lower the numbers on that perk.

    60 seconds of gen repair is waaaay to much in my opinion.

    And i guess it's good if the killer has to cross the whole map to kick your.Other than that this indirect buff is still nothing to be honest.