Evil Within 1 is outdated and hurts The Shapes viability.

Hey all. Longtime Micheal player here. In fact he's the reason why I got into this game back in mid 2017. I took a break from him for about a year due to not finding him very fun anymore and have recently started playing him and my god.

I forgot how bad Evil Within 1 is.

For those that don't know. 110% ms. Less than half the range of a normal lunge. Can be spotted by Spine Chill (never used to, very strange change that hurt his early game real bad. If 1 SWF player has spine chill that match is effectively over). Needs 5 full seconds of stalk just to be able to be normal speed, than needs to do it again for EW3. If spotted by a survivor who breaks LOS can be looped for an eternity because he doesn't get bloodlust. I've looped Micheals around literal rocks for multiple gens before due to them knowing its still smarter to try and hit me than move across the map at a snails pace to try and find someone else. And there's not much you can do about this. Micheals skill ceiling is rather low. He is essentailly an M1 killer who can decide to wait a little bit longer for an instadown.


I realised I was having trouble in early game in red ranks. If I didn't get my EW2 before the first gen popped the game was pretty much thrown and there was no chance of a comeback.

We all know for a killer to be able to pressure/be high tier they need proper mobility. So giving Shape 110 for the first minute (if they're extremely lucky and the survivors don't pay attention) or so REALLY hurts long term.

Add on that survivors are completing gens faster than ever as to not lose progress when chased off with Ruin/Undying you have a very weak power.

Micheal is extremely outdated in a similar way to Trapper. It feels like the devs have forgotten about him. There's no real reason to pick him over Ghostface unless it's due to a love for the character.

Because of this I believe that EW1 should be removed outright and Micheal should always start at the level of 2.

You could rework the power description so that EW2 is now "stalk mode" and EW3 is simply "Evil Within". Maybe to make up for the lack of needing that first level each level of EW could require 1-2 more seconds of Evil to be stalked.

Comments