Matchmaking System Logic

I have been playing for about a week. I have good and bad games, but I'm having fun. what I notice is about 1 in 4 games is something like below. I'm playing against SWF group, and it seems to not factor in the high level player.

partway thru the game I can am getting better at noticing this, as they are diving thru windows like an olyipian athlete compared to anyone else.

Will this always be the case? I assume these Red rank people have more then my 25 hours in the game (by many many hours) and it really sort of just makes the game hopeless. At least of all the players that are rude and mean and cruel after the game, it is rarely the high level player.


Bonus question: is there some hidden blood point bonus for taunting a player after a game? The % of rude people in this online game is higher then normal


dead1.png


Comments

  • MMR (Hopefully better matchmaking) will hopefully fix this issue. Otherwise, there are people who depip on purpose to face newer killers just to be toxic to them.

    For your bonus question, there is no extra benefit to taunting except to make killers really angry

  • thanks for the response. I guess the time waste effects them too. I'm too new to be upset by anything anyone does as I'm still learning, but its a weird habbit. I get staying on the map until you know all surivvors are safe, but some will only leave if the see the killer

    as killer, once they all get away, i just browse on my other monitor until game is over, so I'm keeping myself busy

    I look forward to better matching though. Facing rank 1 through 6 people at my skill level is hopeless. I'm not sure what the killer counter is to people who can jump threw all windows and loop that well. Good job for those players to learn, but I'm a LONG way from being able to counter that stuff.

  • Ah the rainbows.

    That's normal in dbd.