Team vs. Self
So a lot of the time I feel like the survivor side tends to prioritize the team ideally, which is great, but it's not reflected in their perks. For example, instead of taking a flashlight to save someone else you might take DS to save yourself, and of course we don't have to have the Bond vs. SC conversation.
I just wondered if you guys had an "ideal" perk list for a team that you envision would 4-man escape and what those perks would be. Kindred? Bond? Solidarity? What are your thougths?
Comments
I find personally that if I can take care of myself, then I can do better for the team. Having a single DS in the game is also extremely valuable as the killer doesn't know who has it, therefore it helps the entire team.
As for Self-Care vs. Bond, it's personal preference and situational. Self-Care is anywhere and any time but slower on the individual level, where as Bond requires teammates but gives information and the healing is faster for the individual but the same time for the team. That's ALL that needs to be said about that argument. I used both to get to red ranks, I know what I'm talking about.
My survivor builds can seem a little selfish, as all of them run Self-Care and I focus on MY performance, but I see no point in taking a perk like Open Handed or Vigil if I'm going to die first because I can't hold a chase. Getting a generator done for the team or running the killer can be strictly better than decreasing Exhaustion timers. But it also depends on SWF or not and how the team works together.