Is Technician Actually Useful?
I've never used it and now gens are louder than ever so I just wondered if those of you who used it have noticed a difference.
I've never used it and now gens are louder than ever so I just wondered if those of you who used it have noticed a difference.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I don´t know about the current situation with gens sounds, but before they were changed technician could actually be useful for tricking the Killer.
At the start of the match a Killer will try to patrol the map as efficiently as possible to find Survivors asap. This means they will approach certain gens that have bad LOS just until earshot range for repair noises. With technician you could throw them off and remain unnoticed.
Sometimes.
If like me everytime you let go of a gen it explodes then Technician can be useful. This seems to happen most when theres a bit of back and forth between you and the killer over a generator. If it activates twice it saved you 16 seconds of gen time, not too shabby.
Problem is both the explosions and technicians chances of stopping them are random.
As for sounds I’m not too sure.
It used to be. Usually when a survivor chases a killer around your gen you have to abandon it. With the old gens you made zero noise with level 3 technician so as long as the killer didn't see you, there was very little way to even know you were repairing under his nose.
Right now as far as I can tell Technician is bugged out. They need to get a technician on technician.
With the old repair gen sounds, yes. For example on The Game, you could continue repairing a gen within the killer terror radius and it's hard for the killer to know someone is working on a gen. With these new gen sounds, it's worthless because the generators will still do those new noises.