An Idea To Change DS

This is a very risky subject to cover. I'm one of the many who poked holes in previous fix DS discussions so posting this idea was tough to do. I'm hoping this idea will turn DS into the anti-tunnelling perk it should be, not the one it currently is.

First thing before you read my proposed change. The only perk that ignores hits is MoM and I'm not sure if the hit is ignored before or after BT. For my change to work ignored hits must happen before BT. If this isn't the case already then the devs would need to change it.

Secondly I need to add a new mechanic to the game. This is known as survivor instinct. Basically killer instinct but for survivors. This is happen every 10 seconds.

Now here's the proposed change:


DECISIVE STRIKE:

After getting unhooking you have 10 seconds where the next hit you take will be ignored. You can also see the auras of every locker on the map for 20 seconds.

If you enter a locker within 20 seconds of getting unhooked DS activates. While DS is active:

  • If the killer grabs you out of the locker you can hit a skill check in order to stun the killer for 7 seconds.
  • Your teammates can see the aura of the killer and your locker when the killer is within 8/12/16m of your locker.
  • DS has a 2 minute timer while in the locker.
  • The survivor in the locker will get survivor instinct if the killer is within 8/12/16m of your locker.

After exiting the locker DS immediately deactivates until your next unhook. DS can be used multiple times during the trial. This perk creates an obsession after loading into the trial


Questions:

Q: Why does DS only work with lockers?

A: I needed the perk to work with lockers in order to counter killers who tunnel off the hook for a mori. This was also to destroy any synergy with Unbreakable.

Q: Why does DS now ignore the hit within 10 seconds of unhooking?

A: This is so the unhooked survivor has time to make it to a locker. The problem with BT is that your bleed out timer will force you to leave the locker too early. This is also why ignoring the hit needs priority over BT.

Q: Why multiple uses of DS?

A: I want this to be a complete anti-tunnelling perk. At the current moment if the survivor uses DS the killer sees it as a reason to tunnel that survivor since they've already used DS. This means if they get hooked again the killer has a free camp where the survivor is basically dead.

Q: Why do you only have 20 seconds to get to a locker?

A: This is so you don't go running around the map saving people or doing gens next to the killer. 20 seconds is enough time to reach a locker, especially with the hit ignore.

Q: Why show the killers aura to other survivors outside of the locker?

A: I want the other survivors to know if the killer is camping the locker or not. I also want to let the other survivors know your locker so they can try and help you when the DS timer is about to run out.

Q: Why does the DS timer last 2 minutes while in the locker?

A: I want the killer to be punished massively if the choose to wait outside the locker.

Q: Why add a new mechanic called survivor instinct?

A: I want the person in the locker to know if they are getting camped. I originally wanted to show the survivor the aura of the killer outside of the locker but this had a few flaws. First was stealth killers and secondly was that lockers don't show auras. I also made it only occur every 10 seconds because I think it would be quite annoying hearing it for a full 2 minutes.

Q: WHY INCREASE THE STUN TIME?!?!?!?! DS ALREADY HAS OP STUN TIME!!

A: In my head you should never be getting hit with this stun. You know they have DS if they ignore a hit after being unhooked and jump into a locker. However if you really want to tunnel that bad then you probably deserve the extra stun time.

I hope I answered some of the main questions behind my change. Please tell me anyway this perk can be broken. I want people to tell me example of where this perk can be broken and I want to see if I can answer it or not. Please don't just say it's bad or op, just tell me where the problems are.

Comments