The game need to reformulate the ranking!

I would really like to know, why, being rank 17, I played 3 games with players ranked 4/5.

I believe it's time to reformulate the ranking in the game!

I can't play against players with all perks (some that I don't even know what they do!) but I want to play with players of my level, to learn how to play, and so that my games are not frustrating.

Comments

  • Unfortunately, Dead by Daylight is unkind to new players - and a poor ranking system is just one of the ways it is. On the same token, you'll often hear 'rank means nothing'; and it's quite true. While there is some skill involved, much of Dead by Daylight is RNG (what map, how the map is laid out in this particular instance, etc.). Try not to get frustrated and learn some tips from streamers and these forums.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Unfortunately, Dead by Daylight is unkind to new players - and a poor ranking system is just one of the ways it is. On the same token, you'll often hear 'rank means nothing'; and it's quite true. While there is some skill involved, much of Dead by Daylight is RNG (what map, how the map is laid out in this particular instance, etc.). Try not to get frustrated and learn some tips from streamers and these forums.

    What this guy said - rank is really not an indicator of 'skill level' and more of an indication what your playstyle is: do you conform to the Dev's reward/pip system or are you more laid-back and casual.

    Primarily though, it is because there are not enough active players on at any given extended period of time to have a matchmaking system that only pairs you against Survivors your ranks; especially if you throw in SWF groups with mixed ranks. Queue times are pretty bad (putting it lightly sometimes) as it is in some cases and this type of system would make the queues absolutely ridiculous, especially for red ranks because many players avoid those ranks and purposefully "de-rank" to stay out of those brackets for the reasons stated above (playstyle required to maintain those ranks).