What do you think about these perk ideas?
Sorry for not coming up with any names for these perks. :(
Perk Idea #1 (Chest Perk)
- The rarity of items from chests has 50/75/100% chance to be higher than the previous one.
- This Perk guarantees an Item of common rarity on your first unlocked chest.
Note: Pharmacy Synergy: I have 2 ideas, the item rarity will start at rare, or you will get a common Med-Kit instead of the rare one.
Perk Idea #2 (Exhaustion Perk)
- The On-Hit Sprint lasts 2x longer than normal.
- Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds.
Perk Idea #3 (Exhaustion Perk)
- When you should medium vault a window you fast vault it instead.
- Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 30/25/20 seconds.
Perk Idea #4 (Killer aura reveal perk)
- When your aura is revealed to The Killer, their aura is revealed to you for 2/3/4 seconds.
Perk Idea #5 (Chase Perk)
Press and hold the Active Ability button for 4 seconds while standing beside a Pallet to make it durable.
- Durable Pallets take 10/15/20% longer to be destroyed.
- Stuns caused by Durable Pallets are 20% longer.
Comments
The only one I like is the killer aura reveal, and only because I think that's what OoO should be instead.
The first one is just another "make it way more likely to get a key" perk which Pluderer's already does too well.
2. The advantage over Sprint Burst would be that you don't have to walk around the map to prevent triggering it
4. It's different from Distortion because it doesn't hide your aura from the killer. You both get to each other
I like 2 and 4, but the other 3 are honestly meh, especially the Medium Vault Lithe
I really like almost all of these perk ideas for some reason or another, I wish that you had created a poll option for "I like most of them" because the word "some" doesn't give enough credit to what largely are some really decent ideas, at the very least conceptually anyway.
A few comments / tweaks:
5. @AhoyWolf I'll be honest this is the only idea I don't like. Flat out, if it weren't for this perk I'd have picked the "I like all of them" poll option. Unlike a similar perk which exists already in the game Yui's Any Means Necessary, there's no cooldown on this thing- so what's to stop SWF squads from taking the first minute or two minutes of the match to fortify every single pallet on the map to make them durable? That's absolutely broken and unbalanced, but even if a cooldown were added onto this thing making super strong pallets like the Shack Pallet, or I'm thinking of that one Pallet right next to the stairs on Midwhich, Cow Tree Pallet, etc. making any of those "durable" sounds absolutely insane.
On top of this however, this directly conflicts (sort of) with what I think would make a really cool base mechanic in Dead By Daylight. The idea of having different pallets of different weights, depending on the strength of the loop you can have a heavy, average, or light pallet. The stronger loops have light pallets, and the much weaker ones (thinking about ones with really short loops or walls like the one behind Badham Preschool) will have heavier pallets. This incentivizes smart plays where survivors will try their best to go for pallet slams, the skilled ones who have their timing down will be rewarded at these weaker loops as the heavier pallets will cause longer stuns, and take longer to break as well.
Whereas Strong loops which can be used very easily and effectively will have weaker, more frail, lighter pallets which cause a shorter stun and are more easily & quickly broken. This nerfs them a little bit but in the grand scheme of things it allows for a more interesting and diversified balance across maps and map design in Dead By Daylight rather than just "the length of the loop".
This idea was also directly mentioned and brought up in Scott Jund's Second "Idea Review"
https://youtu.be/PugO7ovhaYY?t=762So for those three reasons, a lack of a cooldown, the fact that it seems to me fundamentally broken considering the idea of fortifying already really strong pallets like Shack pallet, and the fact it sort of conflicts with a far more balanced idea and cool change to the base mechanics, it's a serious no go for me on that last perk idea.