Unpopular Opinion: I’m glad the rift challenges are grindy

The challenges give me focus and a goal. After I’d finished tome 3, I was right around level 40. Getting up to level 49 between then and now was terribly frustrating.

You see, I’m at a point where I need an extended break from the game, but I also want to finish the rift. When there are no challenges and you’re forcing yourself to play just for rift experience, the glacial rate at which it is earned makes the task very tedious.

But today we have challenges again! Now I can, for example, focus on killing the obsession 10 times. This will probably take 20 games since 1) I’m not a powerhouse killer, and 2) my obsessions have a tendency to DC when I down them for death hook. Now this isn’t a complaint. This is 20 matches with a goal! Just think of all that experience I’ll earn on top of the rift fragments I get from the challenge itself!

If these were too easy, I don’t know that I’d ever will myself to put in the hours needed to reach level 70. But as it stands, I just might make it!


Well, back to the grind! 😏

Comments

  • I did Rancor Roulette for my obsession kills.

    Nemesis/Furtive/Deathbound/Rancor.

    Survivors love it. If you sacrifice the obsession by chance in the middle of the match, kino, but once they all know Rancor is in play and everyone starts switching obsession survivors seem to enjoy it.