Best Perk For Both Sides?
Title. I want to know what yall think. Heres mine:
Survivor Perk: Spine Chill
Is useful against every killer. And hard counters stealth killers.
Killer: BBQ And Chili
Its consistent, rewards good play, and nothing beats some good old fashioned capitalism.
Comments
The only one I can think of are windows of oppourtunity/zanshin tactics. /s
Survivor: Dead Hard
Killer: Pop
I don't think I can narrow it down to just one Perk from each side. I can certainly narrow it down to one category. That category would be information. Information Perks can save you (and possibly your group) a ton of time. Some of them can even lead you straight to victory by showing you where you should be and/or where you shouldn't go. In my opinion, nothing beats having the game literally show you how to win.
Survivor: Information
Killer: Information
In terms of raw gameplay? Corrupt Intervention, Decisive Strike.
Corrupt helps killers when they need it most without making them go out of their way to use it, and DS is just the single strongest perk in the game without builds because you can sit your injured arse on a gen and jump in a locker when the killer is close or get free unhooks.
In terms of overall usefulness? Kindred and BBQ.
Kindred gives you all the info you need exactly when you most need it, BBQ gives you BP for days and sometimes you see aura's as well.
For killer, it has to be whispers. It saves you so much time, and helps you get your pressure going, and is amazing on every killer. Honourable mentions: corrupt, BBQ, infectious fright, and pop goes the weasel.
For survivor, I am only counting solo queue, I think it's kindred. Kindred is probably the best survivor perk, because it lets you know who is doing what in game, meaning you don't have to waste time going for an unhooked. Honourable mentions: unbreakable, dead hard, decisive, and borrowed time.
Can't believe so many people buy into this delusion that Corrupt does anything at all, let alone that it doesn't seriously hurt the late game.
Personally as much as I hate it and hate feeling like I have to run it, Borrowed Time. There's almost never a game where it isn't either useful, or outright lets you get a survivor out who would otherwise die.
On killer I'd say Pop Goes the Weasel is probably the best perk. It just buys so much time and sets survivors back a lot. It punishes small greedy plays like tapping a gen, it opens up massive potential for 3 gens, and it's good on nearly every killer.
Survivor: Kindred. It's great information, including where the killer is and what your teammates are doing. Instead of having two people go for the unhook, only one has to. Less useful in an SWF, though you still can see where the killer is headed next. Dead Hard is good, but unreliable. Sprint Burst is pretty close, but there's a lot of times it just won't get used. DS is powerful, but if you don't get hooked or the killer doesn't tunnel you, you don't get any use out of it. Yeah, Kindred doesn't give information if nobody gets hooked, but if nobody gets hooked, did you really need a perk slot for it?
Killer: Save the Best for Last. Better on some killers than others, but this is one that will generally shorten your chases. Instead of taking forever to clean your weapon, you clean it much faster and continue the chase. This gets you downs quicker. Pop is good, but can be a waste of time. BBQ is excellent as well, but unless you're a mobile killer you won't get quite as much use out of it. Plus survivors just hop in lockers to avoid it. Which can be useful time waster I guess, but most survivors assume BBQ no matter where you're headed. Corrupt Intervention is good, but a lot of survivors will wait it out. But unless you have a VERY bad game, you'll probably get some use out of STBFL. Less on some killers, like Huntress if you're a crack shot. But it definitely comes in handy saving you time on the M1. BBQ's rewards though are fantastic. But in terms of in-game value STBFL is IMO the best Killer perk.