Some Build Help
Hey guys,
I was watching Otz's video on basic builds for killers as I want to pick up playing killer, but I don't have a lot of the perks unlocked yet. I'm working on leveling doctor for M&A and Demo for Surge, but I really have no interest in playing Myers and a lot of his builds feature Save the Best for Last; what's a good perk to fill in that hole if I don't want to buy and level him?
EDIT: This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIDI_YChbsY&feature=youtu.be
2nd Edit: Who else should I level up for the teachables?
Comments
BBQ & Chili, and Pop Goes the Weasel.
Depends on the killer, but personally I really like Make Your Choice. You could also run a slowdown perk instead, like Corrupt or Pop.
And as for leveling, you should level up Plague, she has 2 very powerful perks
It depends on the killer like for legion one of his best perks is something you don't have to buy and that's Thanatophobia, You can make some decent builds without spending anything, if you have Leatherface try BBQ and Chili, also don't give up we were all in your situation before where you didn't own all the killers yet and working your way to do so. Some decent perks are Brutal, Nurse's, and Agitation, but it really depends on what your playstyle is. But good luck man
I suggest BBQ And Chilli from Leatherface. 2x Bloodpoints and a powerful aura effect its beautiful.
Also you have Hex: Ruin from The Hag, which has gotten significantly better with Hex: Undying from The Blight, and I'd suggest running those two perks together. Alternatively, another perk that's nice is Corrupt Intervention from The Plague, or Pop Goes The Weasel from The Clown.
In terms of a specific replacement for STBFL, I'd have to say Enduring from The Hilbilly. The entire reason for using STBFL is that it severely shortens your chase time, and turning a 3 second pallet stun into what feels like half a second can carry games and singlehandedly win chases, especially on a map like Hawkins.
I'd say level up GhostFace, great perks for those starting off new to killer. I'm All Ears is great for mid chase, helps keep the survivor from pulling too many tricky things with window vaults. And Thrilling tremors is great to help know which generator to go to next after hooking. Personally for gen focused build I like using Thrilling Tremors, Pop, Surveillance, and Tinkerer.
There isn't really anything else that will "replace" StBfL, but you could use other perks that help in chase like Enduring and/or Spirit Fury. Might depend on which killer you're planning to use it on too, as there are several which don't actually benefit heavily from StBfL (though that doesn't mean it isn't fun on them).
Perks that you definitely want to have access to (in order of how I value them):
Other perks you may want to consider (in no particular order):
I'd recommend any of the first set in BOLD as must-have perks. Some may be less necessary if you get one of their alternatives (ie, if you have Pop, you don't really need Ruin or Corrupt). Second set are useful and pleasant to have, but are more killer or build specific and less general-purpose like the first set are.
Regardless, Leatherface, Hag, Clown, and Hillbilly are probably the best four killers to retrieve teachables from off-the-bat.
Alternatively, Wraith, Huntress, Demorgorgon, and Deathslinger have the WORST teachable perks. So only level them up if you want to play them (which you should eventually, they are quite fun).
Idk shadowborn isn't that bad of a perk on the premise of it makes Blight playable bc without it I literally throw up and it helps out with my Nurse game too.
Still though, is Shadowborn really a good perk to focus on early in your killer career? It's nice on a few of the killers, but probably not something I'd say is better than any of these other perks. Especially when M&A offers a relatively similar effect and the terror radius bonus.
Shadowborn is great on Nurse (and I guess Blight?), but otherwise I'd have to include Stridor for how useful it is on Spirit. They are okay perks, but more killer-specific in use than I wanted to mention.