A Potentially Silly Question: Pop + Ruin?
So trying to learn this game a bit today rather than just faffing around.
Watching a few videos where people used both Ruin and Pop. Can you use pops on generators while Ruin is ticking? Because I've tried Overcharge and it doesn't work.
Why would someone choose this combo of perks?
Comments
It’s a just in case if totem spawns are crap
I use that on some of my killers. I expect ruin to go down at some point and use pop late game to compensate.
Now that Undying exist I'm kinda curious if it's worth letting pop go to sleep.
I think people want to have Pop as a backup in case Ruin is destroyed. You can't kick gens while Ruin is active because they are constantly regressing.
Look at the date of the video. But before the ruin nerf pgtw and ruin were great together. Now when people run ruin and pgtw its because they expect ruin to get cleanse early in the game so pgtw is a backup.
Thanks all, that clarified it.
Yeah, it was a recent video.
Most people have already mentioned it, but PGTW is normally used as a back up when Ruin inevitably goes down. If you are applying enough pressure to the Survivors, they will eventually want to root out and cleanse Ruin. From there, you use Pop. If you aren't applying enough pressure, then Pop may never see any use. Pop has the bonus of being stronger late game, as you will have more Survivors dog-piling on the same few Gens, so the instant 25% regression will theoretically give a better net benefit than if Ruin was still in play, so long as you are keeping pressure and chasing them off Gens.