Don’t dismiss Slam duration add ons. They teach patience, and to remain calm while practicing Blight
These add ons will obviously become redundant once feeling confident with Blight, but as a means of getting used to practicing Blight, these add ons are great.
Personally one of the early troubles I had with Blight was a sense of “panic” during rushes and slams. Too itchy with my trigger finger, and so chaotically bouncing around the place without truly knowing where I’m going, all for the sake of making sure I don’t hesitate too long and go into cooldown.
Once I realised how important it is too just relax during a slam, take the time I need to reposition and actually LOOK where I want to go, I felt FAR less clumsy with Blight, and the slam duration add ons help a HUGE amount in the beginning by giving you much more time to reposition, look, decide where to take your next rush.
So try them if you’re still having trouble with Blight. They’re a fantastic “training wheels” add on.
Rush.
Slam.
Breathe/relax, and focus on what you’re doing while moving/looking where you want to go next.
Comments
I dont like them as it takes longer to cancel the slam. I see what you mean about being good training wheels though.
I think the brown target add-on is better to learn blight. It taught me how to play him optimally. I don't think these add-ons are good, because you shouldn't be staying in one place for too long as blight, you should be reacting quickly.
This is what I mean about them becoming redundant eventually when someone feels proficient, and intentionally uses a slam to cancel a rush.
Yes you should react quickly, but i’d guess there are players like me that were being too quick because they’re too focused on making sure they don’t miss the chain window and go into cooldown.
Slam duration taught me how to relax and properly reposition and look where I want to go next. I don’t need them anymore already, but they were a huge help in letting go of the panic reflex of just immediately going into another slam just for the sake of it without proper intention.
I see we have wildly differing playstyles for the same killer. I like it. It's always nice when a killer offers that sort of variety.
I can definitely see where you're coming from, and I feel like I should probably try it just to see if that helps... But I make constant split-second decisions because if I give myself two split seconds I'm going to mess it all up and second-guess myself to death.