Does a Surge Activation Count as a Damaging Generator Action?

I saw there was a challenge on the third level of the current tome to damage 15 generators. I started thinking that maybe a surge activation would count towards that total and make it go a little faster. Anyone know if this is the case or does it just count as a regression like Ruin?

Comments

  • I'm pretty positive it does.

    Surge does trigger the damage generator score event and I got credit towards that challenge running surge and I don't remember kicking gens the game I ran surge.

  • As backwards as it is - it doesn't.

    "Damage Generator" is a specific defined action in this game when the killer kicks that generator.

    Surge causes an explosion and it's own perk specific regression which somehow doesn't fall into that archive's narrow definition. Same for Hex Ruin

    Edit... because of Crowman. It shouldn't to my recollection but since this man says otherwise go ahead and try it and let us know

  • Hmmm...one vote for yes, and one for no...lol. Anyone want to break the tie? :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Damage Generator action I believe only counts when you kick it for regression.

    I kind of figured. That would be too ez.